Branch Manager - (External)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Main Purpose of the Job- (Job Summary)
The Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the store, including all personnel, product, merchandising functions, business processes and results for the store. The Branch Manager develops, directs, and motivates the store team which results in great service to all customers, generation of sales/profit, minimizing losses and ensuring the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained. In addition, the Store Manager maximizes employee productivity, ensuring consistent compliance with the execution of all company Policy & Procedures and maintains an environment that is results-driven.
FUNCTIONAL SUCCESS FACTORS
1. Delivers Business Results:
Utilizes all company resources/tools to drive results
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a clear business focus
- Strategic planner with the ability to prioritize according to business needs
- Maintains track record of effective, sales focused team members that consistently meet the expectations set
- Ability to accurately communicate statistical results and identify business needs.
- Ability to speak to local and big picture company goals and initiatives
- Creates solid partnerships with mall, local community, and corporate partners to identify business opportunities that results in an increase in store traffic and sales.
- Delivers a high level of communication with staff on a daily basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the team regarding individual sales performance, and other key performance indicators such as basket value, customer count, penetration, store results, product sales and other information to help them provide great service and achieve goals.
- Ability to make business decisions based on current sell-through strategies
- Maintains elevated store presentation by training and overseeing execution of standards as defined in the SOPs.
- Understands product needs and educates team how to evaluate report information Managing Store Operations:
- Exceptional knowledge of and adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Ensures daily management of sales, payroll, controllable expenses, goals and company initiatives
- Attends company meetings and contributes to the overall company growth and strategy
- Ensures that the team is effectively executing all corporate programs
- Aligns team with activities that will ensure that business goals are met
- Communicates with staff daily, at meetings, individual sales goals, and other key performance indicators
- Ensures store has all necessary tools (i.e. Supplies, resources, printers, etc.)
- Manages in-store Orientation process
- Communications: Ensure flow of information in store.
- Actively trains, coaches and provides feedback to management and associates
- Develops strong management team, enabling them to take on responsibilities of the store
- Comfortable with repetitive training delivery, understanding that it may look different based on how each of the learner comprehends training
- Effective performance management of store team- including training, coaching and feedback
- Effectively leads weekly management meetings and quarterly staff meetings
- Ability to diagnose, develop and review the performance of the staff: conduct annual performance reviews
- Ability to set clear, actionable goals for self and team
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills with both internal and external partners.
- Maintains a high level customer service culture validated through service results
- Effectively trains, monitors and executes Direct Replenishment and Recovery process.
- Effectively manages customer complaints in a timely and effective manner
- Maintains respect of peer group, staff and supervisor
- Effective communication through appropriate channels
- Utilizes excellent organizational, time-management, and problem resolution skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment Demonstrated success in motivating and leading a team, change management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence, coach, and mentor
- Communicates honestly, openly, and constructively
- Creates energy, excitement, and recognition around team and individual accomplishment and success
- Clear and concise communicator (verbal & written)
- Enthusiasm, passion and commitment to Naivas.
- Empathetic towards other’s point of view and needs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships
- Able to provide feedback on new employees and manage orientation process
- Demonstrating ability to develop and promote internal employees
- Strikes a proper balance between effective delegation and appropriate supervision Agility:
- Flexible and solution oriented
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions by demonstrating the ability to reset priorities based on store and business needs
- Aligns all store activities to ensure all business goals are met
- Ability to modify delivery style to ensure understanding of the learner
- Takes on additional assignments and work when needed
- Maintains a sense of urgency
- Persevering and persistent
- Ability to drive a result-oriented sales team
- Experience managing multiple projects and able to multi-task
- Develop, support, coach, motivate and reward employees.
- Plan ahead and evaluate projects and tasks.
- Define (with employees) clear roles and responsibilities.
- Establish goals and performance standards.
- Create a healthy work environment by implementing and maintaining work systems, policies and procedures.
- Network and act as a liaison between employees and upper management.
- Sales Budget Achievement
- Profit Budget Achievement
- Mystery shopping
- Staff Development
- Bachelor’s degree or any other relevant qualification
- Diploma in Business Management
- Formulation of Business Strategy
- Project Management
- Analytical skills
- Good understanding of Finance and Business Development operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Innovative approach to implementation.
- Lead and create consensus and effect change.
- Excellent customer Care
- Good analytical skills
- Leadership & management skills
- Team player
- Passion for excellence
- Set Direction
- Create Edge
- Drive Results
- Liberate Potential
- Recognize & Celebrate Success
- Focus on must-wins
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Naivas Supermarket has no other jobs