Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, withalready over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successessuch as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, JumiaHouse, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leadersoffering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN,Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is torevolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the bestonline shopping experience through a wide range of products categoriesincluding mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living,fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies inthe world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and boomingenvironment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourishand this is where Jumia steps in.
About the Role
Wenow have a great opportunity for Brand & Partnership Manager to join our Company.Working within the Marketing Team you will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of our marketing strategies.The position requires close collaboration with marketing,advertising, media departments as well as commercial team in order to createflawless in store activity and execution.
· Brand Managers must have a good understandingof their audience and customers and have strong creative, analytical andorganization skills.
· A Brand Manager must also have a goodhandle on consumer and market insights, including the ability to analyze marketdata, and he or she may be tasked with conducting consumer research.
· Apply in-depth understanding ofconsumer and marketplace dynamics to pursue brand development and newcategories/brands.
· Understands the components of brandpositioning, the role it could play in overall brand architecture and canarticulate one's brand positioning in an engaging way.
· Applies working knowledge of brandstrategies and brand building tactics to provide input in the planning processand assist in execution.
· Displays skills in designing innovativeprograms/initiatives, integrating an understanding of the brand positioning andstrategy to deliver high impact and measurable results.
· Working knowledge of competitive priceelasticity models and brand tiers to assist in forming robust recommendedretail price recommendations.
· Understand project management tools andtechniques to define project objectives, milestones, scope, processes andpotential process improvements.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the brandP&L and its components to determine implications of marketing decisions onbrand profitability.
· To lead cross-functional teams(commercial & operational) by providing vision and direction to ensure theeffective delivery of agreed brand activities and programs.
· Cultivate partnerships with companiesin order to maximize their involvement
· Strategically identify key high leveltargets; responsible for implementation of our marketing strategies to driverevenue support for event
· Implement the Marketing roadmap forrespective partner vertical
· Working on strategic and longer termPartnership
· To monitor and analyze market, brandand competitor performance/activity and proactively design, execute andrecommend changes to the annual plan.
· Develop deep expertise of the marketplace, retail dynamics, consumer and shopper behavior.
· Select the line by channel/customer andmanage product information, and create relevant creative assets f
· Drive consistent flawless execution ofbrand activation plans by ensuring effective implementation of brand strategiesand action plans.
· Coordinate communication plansfollowing brand communication strategies:
· Act as a contact for the local mediaagency.
· Responsible for brand activities acrossthe media and for content placement if any
· Partner with the Digital Manager toexecute consumer engagement digital activities.
· Develop and drive execution of brandactivation plans and support the developing and implementation of countryspecific plans if needed.
· Partner closely with Commercial,Marketing and Sales team to drive sales, revenue and market share.
· Contribute to driving customerengagement through presentations of product lines, brand plans, ad-hocpresentations to Sales teams and key local customers.
· Monitor business results and measurethe effectiveness of plans and initiatives, taking corrective actions ifnecessary
· To work with the Marketing Manager todevelop and implement brand collateral for our campaigns at during the year.
· To manage brand expenditure to maximizevalue and ROI for the Company and its shareholders.