Job verified by Fuzu
BBC | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Broadcast Journalist (Multimedia) Health
- Bachelor's degree
- Media, communications, languages
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Broadcast Journalist (Multimedia) HealthFreelance Training Bootcamp
Somalia Working Test
The Standard Group PLC
The Standard Group PLC
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Jobs in Media, communications, languagesMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
We are looking for Multimedia Broadcast Journalists with excellent spoken English and Swahili to work in a new Africa Health Unit and launch new health and lifestyle video and TV products for African audiences. The successful candidate will need to have excellent an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media content.
• To report, present, research, write, translate, edit and adapt stories or programme material for BBC Africa Health and Lifestyle TV, radio and online audiences.
• To offer original and creative ideas for multimedia content. To suggest new angles on existing stories and to put forward stories not yet covered.
• To work with graphic designers to produce creative and original graphics sequences.
• To maintain professional journalistic standards of accuracy, impartiality and fair dealing and adhering to the BBC’s Editorial guidelines.
• To be responsible for a moving story, amending and updating material as required. To be able to freshen a story.
• To be responsible for studio production of live and pre-recorded programmes. To respond to breaking stories whilst on air and to resolve technical difficulties.
• To tell stories in a compelling manner and capture human endeavour and connection, which appeals to audiences.
• After training, to be able to use a range of digital equipment and technology to research, write, assemble, edit and deliver programmes and content.
• To ensure that BBC Editorial values and guidelines and all relevant legal and copyright requirements are met, asking for the support of managers in cases of difficulty or doubt.
• To work closely with other parts of the BBC including other African language teams, BBC reporters and producers across BBC departments.
• All journalists may be required to work with or move to other programme teams on a multi-media basis and to have the ability to work across a range of skills.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Media, communications, languagesSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Film and video production; Graphic Design; Public health; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.); JournalismRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
, Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)