Requirements for Appointment
(i) Be a Kenyan citizen;
(ii) Served as a senior inspector (Buildings) or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector for a minimum of three (3) years.
(iii) Possess a Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering or Construction Technician Certificate Part III, or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution; and
(iv) Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
(v) Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
Applicants MUST attach their C.V together with certified copies of the following
• Academic and Professional Certificates and other testimonials.
• National Identity Card
• Valid certificate of Good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D).
• Valid certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (C.R.B).
• Valid clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (H.E.L.B).
• Valid clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (E.A.CC).
• Valid Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (K.R.A).
i) Responsible for advising developers and clients on all technical matters related to the Building designs and development control within the county.
ii) Receiving and vetting applications for building;
iii) Reading and interpreting Architectural and Engineering drawings, comparing their details with work on site and compiling site weekly reports
iv) Assisting in planning a building programme for simple or complex buildings
v) Ensuring that construction work in progress is in accordance with specifications and taking details of provisional items.vi) Supervision of artisans carrying out repairs and alteration of existing buildings
vi) Preparation of cost estimates and schedule of materials
vii) Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor