Job verified by Fuzu
Action Africa Help International | Kakuma, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Business Development Assistant
Click to apply
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Business, strategic management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
AAH Kenya is a country programme of Action Africa Help International (AAH-I), an African-led nongovernmental organization that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With country programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and recently in Djibouti, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalized communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
The Business Development Assistant plays a central role in supporting innovative livelihoods initiatives to facilitate a broad based entrepreneurial mind-set and a new set of business development ideas among the PoCs in Kakuma Refugee Camp. This will involve working with Business Development Officer and other project officers, partner organizations and PoC community in the camp.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
Key activities will involve support in coordination and mainstreaming of business development activities in the refugee camp. He/she will be tasked with supporting the Business Development Officer in coordinating the implementation of livelihood activities in the refugee camp. The business development Assistant will provide administrative and technical support to the overall institutional business plan and support individuals and business groups in the camp:
1. Support to coordinate and grow the revolving fund within the context of the micro finance model, using best case studies
2. Support with the establishment of a business centre model; complete with incubation unit.
3. Provide appropriate documentation in respect of good case studies in collaboration with the project team UNHCR and DFID.
4. Assist in organizing community mobilisation, sensitization/marketing and dialogue meetings. 5. Identifying opportunities and innovative approaches to support livelihood business activities in the refugee camp.
6. Enable individuals, groups and business associations and communities to identify needs and encourage involvement in livelihood business activities.
7. Support the development of existing businesses, the establishment of business groups and the formation of community focused networks.
8. Ensure that targets and work schedules are adhered to in order to achieve objectives, maintain appropriate documentation and prepare monthly activity and achievement reports.
9. Perform any other functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the supervisor in order to meet the level of services in the organization
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KakumaArea of work
: Business, strategic managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Document and archive management; Business development; Training delivery; Goal settingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply