Fuzu Exclusive Job
COMPUTECH LIMITED | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Business Development Manager-Public Sector
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Sales, marketing, promotion
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
The Business Development Manager will manage and grow business and relationship within the Public Sector Industry. Ownership of the full Public sector annual target.
• In line with regional and company targets undertake the following; maintain agreed appointment levels, Sales Pipeline management, associated Administration, achieve agreed Revenue Targets Product Mix targets and required business quality.
• Build and manage a business pipeline to exceed set goals for revenue and contribution margin.
• Builds and executes an Account Plan that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow our client’s presence and share in the account
• Develops Value Propositions that meet Client Business needs and converts these propositions into opportunities. Thus builds pipeline and then actively nurtures and converts into wins
• Works with quarterly and annual revenue & margin targets. Uses margin management techniques and actively drives account Team Management
• Negotiate profitable contracts for Computech by proposing rates within target profit range.
• Develop and maintain a current account plan for each major client detailing their business and IT objectives relevant to that financial year and
• Mapping the clients’ key relationships, current business CL has with the client, as well as the plan to grow the business within the account.
• Respond to tenders and RFQs, Order processing. Generate quotes for simple, complex or customized solutions for clients; through collaboration with the respective, presales, technical, project management teams and Business Line managers.
• Attend/participate in internal sales review meetings.
• The candidate builds strong professional working relationships across all levels within the client organization; stablishes a high level of personal credibility as a trusted advisor to key client executives
• Account Management - Regular account management reviews face to face with key influencers and decision makers within customer and prospect base, to discuss and develop opportunities to upgrade, replace or enhance the use of our clients expanding portfolio of products and solutions. Provide pre sales and post-sales support and respond to all customer issues within 24 hours
• Undertake Public Sector Account Management, understanding processes, associated decisions and behaviors, Procurement Rules, Tendering Processes, Service Level Agreements, Framework Agreements and Public Sector Timescales
• Build relationships internally with other account managers, delivery team and technical implementation teams, to harness teamwork in delivering a solution.
• External relationships with the suppliers, vendors and business partners
• Use the relationships established to analyze the technology needs for the client with intent to propose a solution
• Manage client expectations, provide updates to the senior management, participate in steering review meetings
• Work collaboratively with various service lines to achieve the above
• Understands the applicable technology solution set in order to help lead a successful implementation and post implementation support.
• Overall customer satisfaction within Client organization
• Proactively defining, driving and tracking KPIs that drive value for customer.
• Escalation point for Client for any service and commercial issues and shows the potential to manage projects (if required)
• Ensuring clear and timely communication and reporting of status of engagement to internal and external s stakeholders. Identify & mitigate risks proactively
• Helps in development of implementation standards with the project management team and ensures compliance.
• Visit customer site frequently as appropriate and maintain service level with clients that exceed their expectations/ Works with the customer to proactively identify and resolve potential issues
• Manages relationships with clients during the project implementation process.
• Provides monthly and quarterly reports to proactively inform customer of overall account status, including ongoing service activities, recommendations for further risk mitigation, updates on incident solution and progress of upgrades and enhancements
• Interacts regularly with the operations team at the customer site and initiates / Leads preparation for quarterly business review with the customer.
• Forward Planning - Present a Business Plan at the start of each financial quarter to include KPI management and Target Account activities which should align with the annual plan that will assist in achieving monthly and quarterly targets.
• Budget Management/Financial Resources - Achieving Annual Revenue Target, broken down by our clients business and product mix as well as being influenced by the company objectives
• Assists in ensuring accuracy of service maintenance contracts billing as per SLAs (observation of timely billing, follow up on customer satisfaction with services delivered).
• To be independent most of the time in pursuing the business targets and be pro-active in ensuring customer's expectations are understood and met.
• Introducing the concept of service level Agreements to the clients, in conjunction with the technical team.
• Maintain CL accreditation with the vendors as might be required.
• Leverage Computech Ltd internal support resources in order to grow sales activities.
• Ensure understanding of the customers’ business and strategic plan in order to position CL at an advantageous position
• Develop four dimension relationships with Vendor, distributor, customer for Computech.
• Maintain credible relationships to be able to get referrals from vendors, distributors and all other related parties.
Other key roles ( Administrative /Finance):
• Assess individual development needs together with the sales manager
• Familiarize oneself with Computech solutions portfolio, to be able to peach or refer the relevant person to a client.
• Knowledge of & ability to accurately apply pricing, Gross Profit, discounts, margin calculations on each deal or quotations.
• Understanding of sales cycle, promotion of products and solutions and impeccable presentation and reporting skills.
• Follow up on invoicing, debt collection and any other duty assigned by management.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Sales, marketing, promotionSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Account management; Business development; Customer relations; Sales strategyRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply