GA Insurance Ltd | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Business Development Manager – Retirement Benefits.
- Bachelor's degree
- Sales, marketing, promotion
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
To participate in the acquisition of new business for Retirement Benefits Business in accordance with targets set and criteria formulated by the Company; handling of renewal of all existing accounts and maintaining acceptable ratios of business retention for all group schemes; preparation of business plans, and coordination of marketing and sales promotion and development of life products to ensure the group business revenue targets for the division are achieved; and presiding over the effective management of the Business Development Team
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing
• MBA an added advantage
• New Business Acquisition as per business set targets
• Leads and coordinates marketing efforts to ensure business targets are met.
• Identifies and pursues new business leads.
• Coordinates new business quotation processes, and follows up quotations with intermediaries and clients
• Conducts appropriate market intelligence to keep Senior Management informed of new developments in the Retirement Benefits business lines
• Ensures acceptable levels of business retention (i.e. preservation of existing business) are maintained at all times; and any existing business lost due to unavoidable circumstances is replaced by other suitable accounts (over and above the new business acquisition target for the year)
• Closely monitors customer service satisfaction to ensure renewals are not threatened; negotiates renewal terms of all programmes well in advance, and sends formal renewal confirmations to the Operations Department (Group Business) before the renewal dates.
• Periodically reviews existing products and proposes changes with a view to enhancing their quality
• Maintains, and regularly updates business progress reports.
• Performs other duties as directed by superiors from time to time.
• Preparation of annual premium budget and setting up strategies to achieve the same
• Appointment of New Business sources including brokers and agents
• Establish and maintain a good relationship with the brokers, agents and clients. Likewise maintain close liaison with other departments in the organisation
• Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are met in a timely manner
General Informationtranslation missing: en.pages.job_page.salary_range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Sales, marketing, promotionSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Business to Business (B2B) sales; Reporting; Customer service; Business development; Customer relationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)