Job verified by Fuzu
Sustainet E.A | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Business Development Manager
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Sales, marketing, promotion
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
The Business Development Manager will prospect for new clients, generate interest from potential clients, grow
and retain existing accounts. S/he will explore options for growth and translate these into business results. Will
have a thorough knowledge of business development practices, the development market and industry trends, and
the technical/thematic areas where SustaiNet Group provides solutions and services.
Interested candidates should submit their applications, which include a detailed CV, cover letter stating the candidate’s motivation for pursuing the position and contacts of three relevant references via email.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the sector/thematic priority areas for SustaiNet Group and systematically gather information regarding clients’ and funding agencies’ strategies and programming initiatives in these areas.
• Identify and build relationships with new and potential clients (including donors, aid agencies, governmentagencies, programmes and private business). Develop and maintain a database of clients, consultants and companies
• Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials;evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
• Develop and promote new products/services with clients and partners, and develop unique selling propositionand differentiators to create a competitive edge for SustaiNet Group products/services. Specifically exploreopportunities targeting business sector agents (non- donor funded) in SustaiNet Group’s thematic/sectorpriority areas.
• Explore cooperation opportunities with Kenyan and international consultancy companies and institutions witha view to leverage opportunities through concrete consortia and partnerships
• Expand SustaiNet Group’s network of strategic partners, associates and consultants by identifying and qualityassuring new consultants (Kenyan and international), and maintain regular contact with these. Manage theSustaiNet Group consultant roster.
• Represent the company’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resourcemobilization or donor-specific peer networks, as it relates to SustaiNet Group’s income streams.
• Support the SustaiNet Group management in reflecting business trends and opportunities in business plans.
• Support other SustaiNet Group staff and strategic partners in establishing and developing networks.
• Contribute to the expansion of the organization’s consultant roster for key technical and bid preparation functions.Tendering
-1. Manage activities for bid preparation and planning including: Teaming, bid strategy, development of winthemes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the bid process.
2. Analyse tender requirements and technical, costing and other issues of relevance to bids and provide substantive written inputs to proposals in areas of competence.
3. Perform diligence process and fact finding missions, by studying integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
4. Advice on and assist outreach to relevant consultants and companies to pursue options for entry of consortia and partnerships for bids. Maintain contact and negotiate with identified consultants and partners.
5. Ensure all relevant documentation for bids is complete and accurate, and that all technical, commercial and contractual correspondence with clients and participating partners and consultants are efficiently addressed and closed out.
6. Analyse the proposal schedule, monitor progress and highlight potential risks for on time delivery, and recommend corrective action for approval.
7. Prepare reports such as summary schedules, proposal overviews, competitive overviews and cost/price summaries
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Sales, marketing, promotionSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Strategizing; Business development; Partnerships; Customer relationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply