Business Development Manager
Turaco InsuranceKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
It is existentially urgent to figure out a way to insure people who are not insured. Turaco’s mission is to free people from the fear of financial shocks. Our 25-year goal is to insure a billion people, doubling the number of people insured in the world.
Turaco is a fast-growing financial services start-up in East Africa that is bringing a new model to health and risk financing for emerging customers. Turaco is subscription-based insurance for the mass market bundled with regular transactions that people are already doing. Turaco works through business partnerships to offer affordable insurance products that add real value to people’s lives. At Turaco we value simplicity, communication, and transparency and strive to transform the way insurance works. When it comes to claims, our goal is to pay out and fast.
Since launching in Feb 2019, Turaco has acquired 60,000+ end users. Over the next 24 months, that will grow to 500,000+ end users. We are growing very fast, and we need leaders who can grow with us.
The Growth Manager will report to Turaco’s General Manager in Uganda and will be responsible for building and leading a high performing business development team that will achieve Turaco’s revenue goals through generating new business opportunities by exploring different sectors for potential partnerships. This role will be an important revenue generator for Turaco. The Business Development Manager will have an entrepreneurial approach to new business opportunities and pilots and they will thrive in a start-up environment.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
• Live Turaco’s values – care and protect our customers, do the right thing for our customers and have fun
• At a minimum, completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or equivalent with excellent grades.
• 5+years of professional experience in a similar function with experience in commercialization, business development, and Sales. Start-up or entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
• Experience leading a team and motivating people.
• Readily available and confident in his or her abilities to close business opportunities and execute on product development with clients.
• Have a commercial mindset, be able to analyze data and marketing analytics, and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of growth drivers.
• Proven analytical, business planning, and management skills - exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently, demonstrate sound judgment, and problem solve.
• Really, seriously detail-oriented.• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
The employee will, despite all individual responsibilities outlined, always be willing to undertake any activity needed for the successful operations of Turaco.
Remuneration & Benefits:
Remuneration & Benefits:
Turaco offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
1. Business Development
• Be ceaselessly client-facing
• Proactively identify business opportunities to cultivate and grow a new business or expand current partnerships
• Lead the business development efforts to successfully secure new B2B partnerships • Assist in SLA and scope of work contracts for new business
• Lead the business development team to initiate and push deals through the entire sales cycle – from initial contact and marketing to closing details of the sale, pre-planning through launch with clients.
• Generate a keen understanding of Turaco products and participate in the product development process.
• Draft Turaco sales decks for distribution to potential new partners
2. Partnership launches
• Support the partnership team to translate new partnership SLAs and launch plans into action
• Work cross-departmentally to onboard new partners into finance, claims, and marketing
• Develop and implement communication and reporting protocols
• Establish premium collection with partners, integrating with their technology or billing practices.
3. Pilot Management
• Project manage pilots with new and existing partnerships
• Create pilot schedules, create KPIs, and reporting protocols
• Help in training and managing pilot resources, field teams, and call center resources• Responsible for ensuring pilots are launched on-time, reach key milestones, and ultimately transition to scale.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
5 days left to apply