Fuzu Exclusive Job
Movas Group | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Business Development / Product Development Manager
- Bachelor's degree
- Sales, marketing, promotion
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Business Development / Product Development ManagerWealth Creation Officers (Group Lending)
Del Monte Kenya
Non Retail Sales Manager
Exquisite Solution Limited (Uganda)
Summit Recruitment &Training
Jobs in Sales, marketing, promotionMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Our client is looking for a Business Development/Product Development Manager.
The role will improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth, define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions as well as overseeing product development initiatives for the organization
New Business Development 40%
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
• Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities as well as Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
• Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/key stake holders.
• Plan approaches and pitches through working with teams to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Participate in pricing the solution or service.
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion as well as Using variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
• Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
Management and Research 25%
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s Customer Service or other sales management system.
• Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the Sales team.
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
• Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
• Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
• Present business development training and mentoring to business developers, Sales teams, Account Managers, Customer Service and other internal staff.
• Understand the company’s goals and purpose in order to enhance the company’s performance.
Business Development/Product Development Planning 20%
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
• Design, development and execution of new products
• Optimize existing products to ensure that the company yields maximum revenues
Client Retention 15%
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Sales, marketing, promotionSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Product development; Sales strategy; Account management; Research planning; Product knowledge; Business development; Technical salesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)