Call Centre Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 14 days left to apply for this job.
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Nairobi, Barcelona, Kampala, and Mombasa, we are a venture funded company that is already having huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
The Support Team is the face of SafeBoda, a supportive and reliable team providing day to day support to our customers. This involves coordinating with the Head of Support, Operations, Marketing and Tech team to fully understand the user experience and our customers’ needs. We are seeking an experienced professional to lead this team for SB Call centre, a rapidly growing business line at SafeBoda. The ideal candidate has customer service experience, is passionate and dedicated and has experience in working in on demand Contact centres.
You should have:
- Be an expert in customer service - confident to quickly handle and
diagnose customer issues.
Leadthe call centre support team in Kampala
Build processes and systems that improve the day-to-day support for the call centre
Setting up and managing the tools and processes, including call trackers, customer complaint logs and internal communication channels)
Lead customer support and insight analysis for SB call centre .
Reporting and analysing customer call data to provide insights and solution-oriented feedback to senior stakeholders and other departments through use of the Voice of the customer.
- Working with the SafeBoda Uganda team to provide ad-hoc marketing and customer research support.
Collaborate with the Head of Support through leadership that values humility, empathy, growth of our people, and leading by example.
- An expert in budgeting and forecasting and scheduling for large and
dynamic contact centres
5 + years professional experience, in a call centres at leadership level
- Strong Leadership experience growing and empowering a team.
- Strong customer focus and problem solving skills.
Data-driven decision making mindset and solid analytical skills with an advanced experience of Excel and other software packages - confident to analyse and present data.
Solid academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think
independently and problem solve like a boss.
Love the product and am a passionate believer in our mission to modernise and professionalise the industry in Kampala.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Fluent in English and the major local languages
● Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with lots of opportunity for growth
● Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company
● Competitive salary based on experience
● Free SafeBoda transport
● Free lunch every day ValuesCommunity
– we started as a small community of Boda drivers and we never forget this. We share lunch together and we care about our community of staff, drivers, entrepreneurs and customers.Innovation
– we challenge the status-quo and believe that positive change is possible. We bring solutions that constantly require us to think out of the box.Transparency
– We are open-minded in what we do. We have candor and share our experiences openly without fear of judgment. We love feedback on our
product and on our own personal performance so that we can improve every day.Safety
– if we don’t care about safety ourselves, then how can we change our industry for the better?Trust
– we expect customers to trust our drivers and entrepreneurs, so we need to trust one and another in everything we do.Integrity
- We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we are accountable for our actions. We deliver what we say we will deliver.Collective Commitment
- teams and entrepreneurs are allowed to disagree while a decision is being made, however, once a decision has been made, everybody must commit to it. “I agree and I commit, I disagree and I commit”.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself