Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
Teach For Uganda (TFU) is looking for a vibrant and innovative continuing student (at least second year) pursuing a bachelors’ degree in any field of study to work in close collaboration with TFU recruitment staff in designing and implementing a comprehensive strategy aimed at inspiring outstanding student leaders to apply for the 2 year Teach For Uganda Teaching as Leadership Fellowship. In this volunteer position, Campus Ambassadors have a unique opportunity to develop their professional skills in networking, marketing strategies, and communication while gaining an understanding of how a successful nonprofit organization operates. This position offers room for professional growth within Teach For Uganda and is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are interested in applying for internships at TFU or for the Teaching as Leadership Fellowship and staff positions upon graduation.
Who we are looking for:
Someone with strong organizational skills, strong on‐campus network of students and faculty record of achievement in academics, leadership, and/or employment.
Someone committed with a sense of ownership towards Teach For Uganda’s Mission.
Independent with a high level of initiative and self-motivated individual who must have held a position of responsibility in the past.
An applicant who must be a Ugandan and an undergraduate continuing student in at least his second year of study.
An Excellent communicator and motivator, with the ability to engage both individuals and large groups in addition to being well-networked individual at Campus.
Someone vibrant, organized, innovative, resourceful and persevering in the face of obstacles.
What we offer;
An opportunity to hone your leadership and communication skills as well as become an integral part of a nationwide movement that promotes quality and equitable education for all children
An opportunity for an internship placement with Teach For Uganda
A unique opportunity to make a difference
Key training and development of transferrable skills necessary in any career
Upon successful completion, a certificate of Recognition will be awarded.
A greater chance to becoming a Teach For Uganda fellow or staff upon completion of your bachelors’ degree.
The position of Campus Ambassador is Voluntary and for successful candidates, there will be a compulsory three-day training and induction workshop held in Kampala in April. The role will then commence immediately.
How to apply:
Please email your resume with 3 professional referees and a filled application form to
. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Striving for maximum visibility of Teach For Uganda and the Fellowship program at your University through managing and executing a high‐visibility publicity campaign to ensure TFU maintains a strong presence on campus, which may include hanging posters and flyers, social media, campus website and e‐mail campaigns.
• Identifying and reaching out to top students on campus throughout the year, including students of diverse backgrounds and majors
• Organizing at least a presentation for final year students at your University.
• Serving as a Liaison between Teach For Uganda and leaders in the University; connect Teach For Uganda with important members of Staff and student leaders.
• Regularly collecting and entering data to inform campus recruitment of recruitment progress
• Networking with professors and student organizations to secure presentations in classes and meetings with TFU staff.
• Conducting class and student organization announcements throughout the year.
• Planning and executing highly‐attended events on campus, such as information sessions and career’s day events.
• Assuming responsibility for the success of the campaign on your campus by preparing for and actively participating in team meetings.
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: noneRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
13 days left to apply