Job verified by Fuzu
AMREF Flying Doctors Services | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Cancer Alliance Program Manager
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Medical, health
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
The Cancer Alliance Program Manager will be a very visible and outward facing position, responsible for leadership, oversight, partnerships, fundraising, facilitation, and high-level engagement with policymakers and donors. He/she will also support the Cancer Alliance Advisory Board and will oversee and ensure the accountability of the day to day Cancer Alliance operations, commitments and activities.
- Experience engaging diverse stakeholders and partners toward common goals
- High level contacts and relationships at national, regional and global levels in Africa
- Demonstrated ability to ensure knowledge management and sharing of skills and
information with diverse communities.
- Proven experience effectively managing staff and consultants for high performance.
- Successful experience fundraising and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated experience fostering and strengthening relationships and partnerships with targeted stakeholders.
- Experience in communication, including writing and public speaking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with diverse groups of people.
- Desirable Qualification:Master’s degree in public policy, strategy, public health or any relevant field
- Develop and lead implementation of the Cancer Alliance’s strategy, working in collaboration with the Cancer Alliance Board. Full Programme oversight
Ensure efficient set-up of the entity and all financial, human resources, compliance, management, and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems.
Closely manage financial resources to ensure transparent and effective use of resources. Oversee and ensure sustainability of the Cancer Alliance budget.
Through effective management, supervision and accountability practices, ensure that staff and consultants supporting the Cancer Alliance complete the day-to-day program and administrative operations of the Cancer Alliance.
Support staff to develop and measure key performance indicators Full Resource mobilization and programme development
Attract funds to support the Cancer Alliance’s work and long-term sustainability. Full Networking and Partnership
Establish and grow partnerships with health sector/NCD/Cancer stakeholders across the region and globally to utilize, engage, and interact with the Cancer Alliance through virtual and in-person platforms.
Ensure that online and in-person platforms are effectively used and valued by advocacy partners and donors across the region.
Serve as the primary external representative for the Cancer Alliance by participating in and speaking at meetings and conferences, engaging with the media, and partnering with high-level stakeholders and donors.
Engage with partners to identify and utilize opportunities for stakeholders to engage with and learn from each other about Cancer.
Develop and submit timely reports i.e. monthly, activity Full Job description Cancer Alliance – Program Manager 3 of 4 Writing reports Governance management
Manage and support the operations and governance functions of the Cancer Alliance Board.
Serve as Ex-officio of the Cancer Alliance Board.
Manage the overall relationship with the host organization.
Additional program or project responsibilities as may be assigned
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Strategizing; Reporting; Operative management; Partnerships; People management; Programme management; Public healthRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply