Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Yusudi, a youth-focused social enterprise, is looking for mentors to support learners who are starting out in their careers in its Jijali program.
This is an opportunity to help young Kenyans accelerate their professional growth and achieve their career/business goals.
Jijali is an online education program providing entrepreneurship and career skills to youth aged 18-30 years. The program combines online learning content, field tasks and virtual mentorship support to provide a unique, practical and customized learning journey.
The program will run from September to December 2019, therefore, this is a 4-month commitment only. There is a possibility for some mentors to be retained permanently.
The mentors’ primary role is to support learners in either the career track or entrepreneurship track by providing feedback, advice, and motivation based on the field tasks submissions and trainees’ individual career/business goals.
Mentors can be full-time, part-time, or flexible.
Mentors will recieve a stipend based on the number of trainees that they have allocated to them.
1. Support allocated number of learners with their learning journey through weekly coaching calls
2. Analyze learners’ progress and assist learners in developing action steps to improve the gaps in their learning
3. Provide feedback to the submitted field tasks, career goals and/or business activities for every learner
4. Support learners with challenges faced during the learning period by assisting them to identify the cause of the challenge and create possible solutions
5. Assist learners to develop a problem-solving approach when faced with challenges during field tasks
6. Deliver action-based advice and inspiration through application of coaching methods
7. Attend required mentor training sessions and mentor meetings
8. Provide weekly reports on learners’ progress, challenges and learning outcomes (templates provided)
9. Give recommendations for program improvement based on learner’s feedback, challenges and learning progress
10. Attend mentor meetings every two weeks