Salary range: KSh150,000 - KSh200,000 | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
For our Kenyan Branch, we are looking for a Chief Accountant.
You will be in-charge of all accounting activities of both financial and management accounting.
You will also be responsible for preparing financial and performance reports, assisting departments with annual budgets and reviews, internal control and tax studies.
- Executes day to day accounting activities in accordance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Hands-on operation function to ensure smooth business process, liaising with suppliers, financial institutions, government agencies, etc.
- Coordinate with Commercial Team to get documented approvals and backup for accruals
- Ensuring timely payment of local suppliers, international and intercompany payments
- Timely collection of receivables, credit control, and bad debt
- Adherence with local Kenya regulations in terms of cross border payments and receipts – ensuring all contracts are valid
- Analysis of cash and banking facilities
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation with a detailed review of aging receivables, payables and fixed assets with regular reporting – Monthly, Quarterly & Year End
- Extensive knowledge on budgeting, cash flow projections, sources of financing
- Coordinate with the External Audit Team
- Timely submissions of tax, statutory payments in line with local law and corporate governance
- Payroll Management
- Tax Management (WHT, VAT, IT, VAA...)
- Petty Cash Records
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,Commerce, Finance, Economics or equivalent qualification.
- 5-8 years’ experience in technical finance and/or accounting roles, with a demonstrated track record optimizing company operations.
- Registration with a professional body: ACCA, CPAK, ICPAK, CIFA
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and who represent a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Highly self-motivated individual with the capacity to get things done, with a lean team.
- Integrity and superior communication skills
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)