The Agency now seeks to
recruit a dynamic, exceptional and visionary leaders with good professional and
ethical standing to fill the position of The Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will execute the
mandate of the Agencies.He/She will be reporting
to the Board of Directors and be responsible for overseeing all the strategic,
operational and financial performance of the organization through effective
management.1) A citizen of Kenya with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration/Commerce, Management, Project Management or any other related field thereto from a university recognized in Kenya.
2) A Master’s degree in a relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya.
3) Registration with relevant professional registration body or association (if any) and be in good standing.
4) Have at least fifteen (15) years’ experience in project development oriented establishment/s preferably in the infrastructure or water sectors, at least five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position.
5) Sound knowledge and application of, among others, Public Finance Management and Public Procurement Procedures in line with Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Public Procurement and Asset Disposals Act 2015 and its regulations respectively.
6) Knowledge of water management issues, reforms and mobilization of funds.
1) Provide strategic direction and leadership in line with the Agency’s Strategic Plan;
2) Oversee implementation of corporate business plan and strategies based on the Agency’s business philosophy, mission, vision and core values;
3) Undertake prudent financial management and investment mandates by ensuring sound policies and practices are adopted for optimal utilization and returns;
4) Oversee optimal and effective operations of the Agency’s water infrastructure;
5) Develop and engage effective leadership teams to ensure excellent performance and effective succession planning at the Agency.
6) Develop and strengthen networks and partnerships with the government, development partners and private sector to spearhead fundraising for project implementation and sustainability; and
7) Foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good governance, employee productivity and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements as stipulated in Mwongozo.