Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC) is a Government owned Development Finance Institution (DFI) mandated “to assist in the development of agriculture and agricultural industries by making loans to farmers, co-operative societies, incorporated group representatives, private companies, public bodies, local authorities and other persons engaging in agriculture or agricultural industries”.
The Board of AFC is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to carry on the corporation’s mission to provide customer focused and sustainable financial services to the agricultural sector in Kenya and sustain momentum for providing agriculture services towards a sustainable future.Overall Objective
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will provide leadership to the executive team of the corporation and will have responsibility of the functions of the corporation including overall accountability for operational and strategic performance of the corporation and the realisation of its statutory mandate.Minimum Requirements :
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized university;
- Have at least Fifteen (15) years’ work experience in Banking either Development Finance and/ or Agrifinance industries, with not less than five (5) years spent in a senior leadership role (s);
- Possess valid membership to a relevant professional body and be of good standing;
- Have practical knowledge and experience in credit risk management, lending and resource mobilisation;
- Be a trans-formative leader who is visionary, change ambassador, people leader and business driver; and
- Be highly networked with ability to foster strategic relationships and partnerships.
This appointment is on contractual terms for a period of three (3) renewable for one (1) further 3 year term, subject to performance and relevant public service regulations governing staff tenure.