Chief Executive Officer - Tanzania
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 19 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Sokowatch Tanzania CEO
Sokowatch is searching for a Tanzania CEO to lead our entire business in Tanzania, across both operations and performance. The Tanzania CEO will be the head of all Sokowatch activity in Tanzania and will report to the Global Head of Operations. The role will maintain control of diverse business operations, requiring efficiency and focused prioritization.
The successful candidate will possess:
Bachelor degree in business or related field
- At least 3- 5 years Experience leading either;
- (i) a P&L in emerging markets and/or (ii) a functional area involving consumer goods in emerging markets (e.g. sales, logistics, operations, distribution or marketing)
- Strong sales focus and demonstrated ability to outperform goals and drive sales efforts.
- A solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Proficient with web and desktop applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience leading a team and motivating teammates to perform at their very best
- A hunger to succeed like never before and scale our business coupled with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Data-driven in decision making
- Possess strategic mindset on where our market and consumers are heading
- Team player with excellent people and leadership skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Fully own Tanzania P&L, including revenue, financial performance, cash flow and cost management.
- Ensure weekly/monthly/quarterly revenue, gross margin, recruitment, and productivity targets are met
- Develop strong relationships with key partners such as manufacturers, distributors, and other potential channels
- Drive sales and recruiting efforts of a talented high-performing sales team
- Overall leadership and management of all personnel, including the recruiting and management of staff
- Fully own Tanzania P&L, including revenue and cost management
- Supervise and drive your business with data: steer each team across a set of defined and aligned KPIs, set ambitious targets and closely track towards the success of your business
- Build and empower a great local team committed to Sokowatch’s vision that is highly motivated to achieve excellence
- Work collaboratively with Sokowatch’s Head of Operations and CEO to develop a strategy and plan to achieve ambitious growth targets
- Lead weekly reporting meetings across Warehousing, Fleet, and Agent Management to hold teams accountable to objectives and key results
- Lead monthly reporting of overall Tanzania reporting to global leadership team
- Establish new and improve existing processes in the Tanzania market to ensure a lean, efficient operation as much as possible
- Identify opportunities to grow the business and the brand in Tanzania. Whether it be new products, services, or marketing opportunities, you are the head of innovation for the Tanzania market.
- Frequently analyse competitor behavior and help strategically position Sokowatch in the Tanzanian market.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)