The CFO Kenya will direct all matters related to the financial management and functioning of AKES Kenya (AKESK), providing leadership in finance, ICT, procurement and general administration. S/he will ensure effective risk management as well as compliance with AKES policy and professional standards across functional areas.
Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the jobholder will be a ‘safe pair of hands’ who understands AKES and the AKDN and be a key part of strengthening the financial processes and systems for Kenya, as well as helping navigate AKESK through the next two to three years. This will require an ability to find efficiencies and support mitigation measures as well as support investments in the agreed areas for development.
The CFO will also provide financial oversight to the overall performance of the organization, driving reviews, upgrades and changes to existing processes, policies, guidelines and systems, to ensure the effective and efficient financial management of AKESK.
S/he will work closely with the AKESK CEO in delivering measurable results in order to meet the organization’s strategic goals and mandate as well as contributing to the development, execution and monitoring of repositioning strategies. Minimum Requirements :
- A university graduate with professional and internationally recognized qualifications, preferably ACCA or CPA or equivalent Chartered Accountant.
- Worked for or qualified with, a professional accounting firm and a post-grad MBA or similar internationally recognized advance degree or professional qualification in finance.
- At least 15 years of professional experience in relevant field and having held a leadership role in a commercial or not for profit setting.
- Substantial experience in financial management of multiple business units and ideally experience gained in an education organization.
- Knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of business functions and systems, specifically financial.
- Additional experience in operational management, business analysis, audit, and compliance and familiarity with computer-based financial management systems would be valued.
- Cultural awareness, understanding and sensitivity.
- High level of drive and personal motivation, coupled with the presence required to interact effectively with senior personnel across the AKES system and the wider AKDN, as well as at government and non-governmental levels.
- Strong written and spoken English, including reports and proposal writing.
- High degree of professionalism, commitment and integrity.
- Clear understanding of strategy, as well as a keen sense of business.
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems and make decisions based on sound judgment drawing on expertise from others.
- Willingness to travel as and when needed.