M-KOPA is looking for a senior executive to join the management team in the role of Chief Financial Officer, taking lead responsibility for all financial and management accounts, treasury, tax, financial risk management and control functions, and budgeting and investor reporting. In addition, the CFO will be tasked with developing strategies for financial and tax efficiency as M-KOPA expands across multiple markets, and preparing M-KOPA for a public listing over the next 3 to 5 years.
The candidate will assume one of the most senior roles within the company, with responsibility for preserving the assets of the company, providing accurate information to stakeholders, and informing the future strategy of the company.
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
1. To take overall lead of M-KOPA’s financial functions; with full authority over treasury, tax, statutory and management accounting, financial controls, and internal and external reporting.
2. To ensure that M-KOPA is properly capitalized to finance its aggressive growth plans; responsible for developing a deep understanding the economics of the company's pay-as-you-go solar plan, how differing growth plans require different amounts and types of capital, and making sure that capital is available.
3. To provide timely and relevant information to the executive team and board, to assist with major strategic decisions; responsible for the design and implementation of a management accounting framework appropriate for where the business is today, and where the business is going in the next 5 years. This should provide management with top-notch data for informing strategic decisions, in which the CFO will participate. Guide the company to appropriately choose strategic investments, based on their risk/return profile.
4. To assure that M-KOPA has the optimal legal structure for our business lines; review the current structure for its tax and cost efficiency, design and lead the implementation of any changes to the company structure if appropriate, and advise on optimal structures for new subsidiaries in new markets.
5. To lead M-KOPA in continuing to build a top-class finance team; mentor and build on the great team in place in four countries, and continue to draw top finance talent to M-KOPA. Build the team today, which will manage the finances of the company when it is $100mm+ in revenue and beyond.
6. Prepare M-KOPA for a stock market listing; lead the company in being prepared and organized, in its structure, financials, and operations, so that a public listing is possible by 2020.
7. Interfaces: the CFO will play a key role in shaping the overall strategy of the business working closely with company founders and the executive team; reporting to the CEO, he/she will need to establish strong working practices with other M-KOPA departments including software platform, product management, data analytics, sales, and customer service.
Education: Minimum requirement is a degree in finance or accounting, or similar. A post-graduate degree is business (MBA), economics, or finance is a plus. CPA or equivalent is a plus.
Experience: At least 10 years experience leading the finance function of a $50 million plus revenue company – preferably a business with a strong financing or credit component. Ideally experienced at dealing with subsidiaries in multiple countries, and at least some public company experience. Experience in senior finance role at a company during a stock market listing process is a huge plus. Experience growing with a company from its early stages to $100 million+ revenues is a plus.
Knowledge / Skills: Strong communicator; hands-on team leadership; ability to get into detail when required as well as strategize. Ability to flexibly work with other teams, and develop a good understanding of the competencies and challenges of other teams within M-KOPA. Ability to take charge of situations and work quickly and constructively on resolving problems. Written and verbal fluency in English is essential; fluency in Swahili would be useful. Experience living in Africa a big plus.
Location: Nairobi, with occasional travel to Europe and the US, and regular travel in East Africa.
Competitive salary and benefits package, plus share options.
|Salary range||Not specified|
|Additional information||Not specified|
|Job type||Full Time|
|Area of work||Accounting, finance, banking, insurance|