Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Chief Internal Auditor-Re-Advertisement
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Chief Internal Auditor-Re-AdvertisementGrants Manager
Prestine HR-Engine Ltd
Deputy General Manager – Finance
Manpower Services Group
Manager Internal Auditor
National Police Service Commission
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries was established by an Act of parliament (The Science and Technology Act Cap. 250 of the Laws of Kenya of 1979) which has since been repealed by The Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013.
The Institute mandate is to undertake research in marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, in order to provide scientific data and information for sustainable exploitation, management and conservation of Kenya’s fisheries resources, and contribute to National strategies of food security, poverty alleviation, clean environment and creation of employment as provided for under vision 2030.
The position holder should have Certified Public Accountant (CPA III) or its equivalent; A certificate in computerized accounting especially competency in the evolving accounting packages such as Pastel, Quick books etc. He/she should meet the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Responsible to the KMFRI Board of Management through the Board Audit Committee and the Director.
- Developing and implementing effective risk management, internal control and corporate governance framework.
- Ensuring maintenance of high audit standards within the unit and adherence to plans, budgets and work schedules.
- Ensuring compliance with existing regulations, instructions and procedures in financial and other operations.
- Verifying and pre-auditing of annual Appropriation Accounts, statement of assets and liabilities, fund accounts and annual audited statements prepared by Management for submission to the Office of the Auditor General.
- Ensuring accountability and prudent management of resources and assets and ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity.
- The Job holder will also be required to liaise with the Director on matters raised in reference sheets from the Office of the Auditor General, carry out investigations and head special audit tasks; and prepare annual audit reports/returns.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Risk management; Reporting; Compliance; Financial analysis; CPA certification; Audit (internal)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)