Job verified by Fuzu
Kenyatta National Hospital | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Chief Medical Specialist - Dermatology
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Medical, health
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Chief Medical Specialist will be responsible to the Deputy Director, Diagnostic
Services & Health Information/Medical/Surgical Services through the Head of
Department and shall be responsible and accountable for patients under his/her care.
- Masters Degree in Medicine (MMed)in the respective area of specialization from the University of Nairobi or any other recognized University.
Sub-specialization in the respective specialty.
Proven experience of not less than three (3) years at the level of senior Medical
Specialist Recognition and retention Certificate from the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board of Kenya.
Evidence of research and at least three (3) professional publications in reputable
local or international journals on particular scientific findings/practices in the relevant field.
- Proven ability to lead change management.
Demonstrated understanding of financial management and experience in managing budgets.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and planning of specialized clinical services.
Professional indemnity cover.
• Establishing effective teams to deliver quality clinical outcomes and ensure good
working relationships with other specialists.
• Promoting efficient and high standards of specialized clinical care to patients.
• Providing clinical direction and consultation to all levels of medical and professional
• Performing complicated clinical procedures in the area of specialization.
• Participating in the planning and management of health care programmes and
projects in the Hospital.
• Participating in the assessment of patients as may be required by the Hospital
• Participating in clinical research, health planning and policy.
• Teaching, training, coaching and mentoring Clinicians and students.
• Participating in preparation of annual budgets for the department.
• Participating in quality Assurance / OSHE initiatives in the Department.
• Ensuring compliance with the set standard operating procedures.
• Facilitating regular inspections and quality audits to ensure conformity with national
guidelines and regulations.
• Protecting patients and support staff by adhering to Infection Control Protocols.
• Participating in the preparation of the expenditure estimates / PC negotiations for the
• Effective supervision and development of staff.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Reporting; Operative management; People management; Quality management; Training delivery; Medicine; Skin careRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply