Job verified by Fuzu
Winrock Kenya | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Chief of Party (Irrigation and Agriculture)
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Chief of Party (Irrigation and Agriculture)Project Manager
Program Manager for Electricity SAfety Program (ESAP) of ICRC premises worldwide
International Committee of the Red Cross
Director of Monitoring and Evaluation
Director of Monitoring and Evaluation
Jobs in Project, program managementSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Winrock is seeking Chief of Party candidates for a USG-funded project that will support the sustainable development of small and medium irrigation schemes across the country. The project will work with the Kenyan government to construct several irrigation schemes and directly benefit at least 2,500 farmers. In conjunction with construction, the project will integrate interventions in governance, agricultural production and finance to enhance sustainability. The COP will provide overall leadership and direction for the project. The project will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel in country.
• Provide overall technical leadership and administrative oversight in order to achieve the results of the program, including supervising the technical direction of the program including scheme construction, capacity building of irrigation scheme water user associations and agricultural cooperatives, value chain interventions and finance interventions to increase farmer?s access to credit and attract private-sector investment in irrigation.
• Oversee and be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the program including managing the budget.
• Oversee project partners in charge for carrying out varied technical aspects of the program including agricultural production, governance, and enhancing access to credit.
• Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff.
• Monitor program indicators and achievement against targets, evaluate program outcomes and challenges, and adapt technical and management strategies to meet or exceed results and objectives and achieve deliverables.
• Ensure that program approaches are inclusive and that women and marginalized groups are active participants and beneficiaries.
• Prepare annual work plans and progress reports, and monitor the implementation of planned components and interventions.
• Interact directly and on a regular basis with the donor and other key partners and stakeholders including government, agribusinesses, banks, and other financial institutions.
• Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
• Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock?s Home Office.
• Manage relationships with other USG implementing partners and donor projects.
• Provide leadership to effectively integrate strategies, approaches, and partnerships.
• Build collaborative relationships and partnerships with potential to sustain and scale up irrigation scheme and agribusiness value chain investments.
• Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required.
• Provide oversight for program systems and procedures, ensuring successful operational management, and compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and USG regulations.
• Manage sub-contracts to ensure high quality, timely deliverables.
• Prepare and submit quarterly reports on progress of activities and achievement of program results to USG.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Partnerships; Project preparation and planning; People management; Budgeting, financial planning; Grant and fund management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Project implementation; Project managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)