Chief Operating Officer (Healthcare)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
An Africa-focused healthcare asset management entity, committed to investing in and transforming healthcare assets across Africa through innovation and technology is seeking to hire a Chief Operating Officer.
The COO will provide strategic management of the operations of the holdings company including the integrated group of health facilities across Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya. He/she will exercise management responsibility, ensuring efficient services that are designed to meet the needs of patients, physicians, staff and external stakeholders. This will be executed through the strategic delegation of responsibility to the operations team at the corporate level, as well as facility-level CEOs across these countries.
The ideal candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Responsibilities:Operations and Data Management:
- The COO will be responsible for integrating the strategic plan of the organization with its operations. He/she will develop a robust strategy to guide the operational activities across the organization’s corporate level and its owned facilities.
- Manage and address operational problems raised by the facility-level CEOs and other staff.
- Work with the facility-level CEOs in designing a supportive supervision strategy to bridge gaps in the performance standards of basic management systems at individual facilities
- Enforces the utilization of Electronic Management Record system for efficient and effective data capturing.
- Actively monitor facilities' progress to identify critical bottlenecks, potential strengths and weaknesses in management and execution of policies and processes.
- Identify lessons learned and use the knowledge gained from risk evaluation to prioritize timely interventions and employ robust coping mechanisms to achieve company-wide goals
Supply Chain Management:
- Provide leadership to the corporate-level operations team and facility-level CEOs that will provide support, create ownership of goals, deliver on KPIs and encourage active participation in decisions that impact the facilities
- Oversee the pharmacy supply chain, procurement and general supply chain management
- Design a fit-for-purpose and sustainable drug supply chain system across all its owned facilities.
- Develop a strong relationship between all supply chain vendors
- Design a vendor performance management system for the supply chain, to measure their performance against certain KPIs such as quality, order fulfillment and stock-outs at the facility and provide weekly feedback across the board
Qualifications & Requirements
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality initiatives across all its owned facilities
- Facilitates the participation of all facilities in SafeCare quality improvement plan and guides them towards reaching level 5 within a stipulated period.
- Responsible for providing expertise and oversight for the implementation, operations, upgrading and leveraging on the use of technology system for the clinical care of patients across different regions.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS Degree), 12 months housemanship & Residency completed
- An M.Sc./MBA/PhD in Financial Management, Business Operations, Strategic Management, Public health, Health Economics, Health Administration or Health Care Operations and Management will be an added advantage
Over 7 to 8 years’ professional experience in Business Management/Operations in Healthcare, Healthcare management and operations with 3 years in a managerial position
- Excellent financial and business acumen
Excellent knowledge and experience in clinical supervision and program management.
- Patient-oriented with excellent counseling skills.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solid understanding of performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself