Job verified by Fuzu
Sanergy | Athi River, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Chief Operating Officer
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- General management, leadership
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Chief Operating OfficerPrivate Household General Manager
Summit Recruitment &Training
Somalia Country Manager
Life and Peace Institute
Jobs in General management, leadershipSenior jobsJobs located in Athi River
We seek an experienced leader to drive this growth and innovation – by creating deep value for our customers in a cost-effective, replicable model. You would work hand-in-hand with the founders and directors to set and implement the operational and financial strategy of the organization, while also doing hands-on coordination, coaching and problem-solving to lead a quickly-growing team hit ambitious milestones. You are an operations professional who balances strategic process implementation, rigorous data analysis, pragmatic innovation in very complex circumstance, and dynamic people management skills. You have an insatiable hunger to continuously improve systems, people, and operations to build and scale an innovative, high-impact business model.
· RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE: Insatiable hunger to build and scale an innovative, high-impact business model. Perseverance in the face of often unprecedented and unpredictable logistical and environmental hurdles.
· VALUE FOR STAKEHOLDERS: A deep-seated instinct to understanding and serving the customer, be it the residents of urban slums, Fresh Life Operators, the team or the Board.
· PRAGMATIC INNOVATION: Thoughtful developer of new ideas to improve systems, people, and operations, especially as Sanergy works to make its model more cost-effective.
· COLLABORATION: Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely across organizations from senior executives to local government to field-level staff.
· AUTHENTICITY: Low ego attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level critical thinking to stepping in and helping drive implementation on the ground.
· Lead, in partnership with the Executive Director, a socially and environmentally driven business through years of ambitious growth, striving to change the entire sanitation value chain in Nairobi
· Define company strategy, working closely with our founders, the Board, and senior leadership team
· Manage complete P&L accountability for the core value chain from sales and marketing to customer onboarding and operations – managing those functions, as well as finance.
· Drive expansion of our operations in Nairobi, concurrently building systems to replicate into new geographies & markets.
· Manage all day-to-day operations and oversee a team of approximately 30 people across sales, customer on-boarding, customer support and finance
· Expand toilet network by 40% YOY in current areas of operation
· Ensure timely and efficient customer service delivery, and issue resolution
· Own financial plan and reporting for the entire organization
· Establish systems to transition new models into core operation.
Qualifications and Experience
· Excellent communication skills with the aptitude to distill complex systems and detailed analysis into simple, structured processes with concrete action plans.
· Demonstrated experience setting and implementing bold yet realistic strategies.
· Strong data, analytical and decision-making skills.
· Proven excellence in people management.
· Ability to lead teams and organizations through change.
· 10+ years of relevant work experience (preferably in Africa), including successful entrepreneurial experience or 4+ years as a senior leader in a rapidly growing young company.
· Proven track record of developing operational plan from a company strategy
· Extensive experience in budgeting / forecasting and developing teams to take control of their P&L statements
· Proven experience in developing and managing sales pipelines
· Introduced new products into a market, as well as integrating pilot projects into standard operations
· Proven experience leading high-performing teams, especially in dynamic, high-growth environments
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Athi RiverArea of work
: General management, leadershipSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Business development; Management of financial resources; Business strategy; Operative managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)