Chief Operating Officer, Upstream
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Provide overall leadership in the oil and gas exploration, production development and health, safety, security, and environmental activities of the company in the upstream business.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES
• Masters in either Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Engineering or any other relevant field.
• Master of Business Administration will be an added advantage
• Bachelor of Science (BSc) Hons in either Geology and Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics, Petroleum Geosciences & Production, Oil and Gas Management, Petroleum Engineering or other relevant honors degree.
• Possession of the relevant professional membership is an added advantage
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience in Petroleum Operations 8 of which at supervisory level.
• Must have experience in negotiating Production Sharing Agreements (PSA’s), Joint Operating Agreements (JOA’s) or other relevant oil and gas agreements.
• Must have knowledge of Ugandan Oil and Gas regulatory frameworks.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of managing oil and gas development and production operations.
• Must have good knowledge of Oil and Gas Health & Safety standards and operational procedures.
• Must have knowledge of hands-on experience in geological analysis and integration software suites, such as PETREL.
• Should have effective communication skills.
• Should be a person of high integrity.
• Should have good analytical and critical thinking skill
1. Provide leadership in managing the strategic interests of the company in the upstream business.
2. Identify, assess, analyze and recommend oil and gas investment opportunities in the Upstream.
3. Participate in negotiations relevant to Upstream Agreements relating to production, development, supply and sale of oil and gas.
4. Develop UNOC priority policies, procedures and manuals related to Upstream and ensure compliance.
5. Provide leadership in participation and monitoring Joint Venture Partners progress and activities.
6. Develop and implement a roadmap to acquire exploration licenses.
7. Lead the process of attaining all priority industry certifications and standards (ISO, etc.)
8. Develop and execute the Upstream department workplan and budgets and provide periodic progress on the same.
9. Define competency and talent management requirements for Upstream.
10. Identify capacity building needs and propose capacity development programs for the staff in the department.
11. Provide leadership in the Company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policy Development, execution and compliance.
12. Supervise, appraise and guide staff in the department.
13. Any other duties as may be assigned
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate
- the official certificate for your highest education