Chief Operations Officer.
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
The Chief Operations Officer provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the AGRA has proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. S/he accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the AGRA. As a key member of the senior management team, the COO reports directly to the President of AGRA. S/he establishes policies that promote company culture and vision through its operations. By setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth, the Chief Operating Officer leads employees and encourages maximum performance and dedication
Planning and Organizing
• Devises plans of action with explicit paths and measures of accomplishment for self-and/or others and allocates suitable resources so that objectives are achieved. Strong administration skills.
Technical Competencies for the position
• Demonstrates knowledge of all own work role specific issues. This encompasses the technical skills or knowledge required to perform the essential duties as described in this Job Description. Specific technical competencies: quantitative analytical skills including use of appropriate software, results-based management systems, designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports; In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
Accuracy and attention to detail
• High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness. Ability to maintain a timely and efficient work flow.
• Demonstrates the ability to plan and use resources (people and/or finance and/or physical assets) in accordance with AGRA guidelines and delegated accountability so that objectives are achieved in the most effective manner possible.
Coaching and Developing Staff
• A demonstrated capacity for working effectively within multi-disciplinary teams for collective success and provide effective coaching and encourage appropriate development activities in order to support staff in identifying and meeting their training and development needs.
Communication and Interpersonal relations
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to represent AGRA externally at high levels. Demonstrates ability to maintain lasting, healthy, and effective one-to-one working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, customers, professional peers, etc.
Intercultural Sensitivity and Effectiveness
• Demonstrates ability to cross and bridge different racial, cultural, or business cultures. This requires and is exhibited by personal experience of international or cross-cultural business with improved achievements.
• Demonstrates productive drive in working with peers, partners, consultants and others to achieve pre-targeted and measurable business resultsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Business development; Business strategy; Teamwork; Operative management; Management of financial resources; Mentoring and coachingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)