Chief Operations Officer – Financial Service.
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 26 days left to apply for this job.
A dynamic Fintech Company based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Chief Operations Officer. The successful candidate will support the CEO in the development and implementation of business unit strategies, policies, procedures and practices. He/ She will work closely with other departmental heads in managing, monitoring and improving the efficiency of the credit and general business processes. This role is responsible for the credit policy, float management, strategic review and enforcement of a smooth, efficient and effective lending and collections process.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Credit and Finance Services background is mandatory.
- 10 years’ experience in senior management in developing and emerging markets.
- Advanced organizational leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent written, oral and client-facing communication skills.
- Delivery-focused mindset.
- Cost-control and ability to operate within budgetary requirements.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem resolution skills.
- Strong strategic focus for business planning.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong client service orientatio
- Maintain and oversee the growth of all products and services and their supporting policies and recommend changes as required to meet business KPIs.
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the business unit’s services through regular review and improvements to each department and product head as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Oversees the full range of managerial duties for the loan review, compliance, collections, and credit analysis functions including adherence to policies and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Undertake the business unit’s financial reporting; revenue tracking; cost control measures; forecasting and budgeting functions.
- Lead and oversee the business support functions on a day to day basis to deliver high-quality services to stakeholders.
- Direct short-term and long-term planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve, develop and enhance our products and services.
- Work with operational areas to ensure that effective processes exist and are maintained for all business support functions.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)