Job verified by Fuzu
Summit Recruitment &Training | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Chief Risk Officer
- Post-graduate education
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Chief Risk OfficerTax Manager
Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited
Bomet University College
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Our client, a multinational Commercial Bank is looking to recruit a Chief Risk Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing the risk management framework including risk appetite and risk profile at the Bank level. He/she Must have an extensive commercial credit risk practical experience and excellent knowledge of IFRS-9.
- Assess the Bank-wide risk governance activities for all portfolios and business channel.
- Create a proactive identification of emerging risk elements that could negatively impact the strategic objectives.
- Oversee the overall monitoring function of risk for the Bank.
- Provide high-level direction, support and approval to respective departmental managers.
- Review credit risk with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop risk management policies, inclusive of Ops risk, market risk and liquidity risk.
- Assist in allocation of discretions, monitoring and evaluation of application of policies.
- Establish a relationship with Branch and Relationship Manager to effectively monitor and understand the source of business activity.
- Train and advise Branch Managers/ Relationship Manager on risk management, portfolio construction and capital allocation.
- Report to senior management and the board of risk committee.
- Manage ad hoc credit/risk projects assigned by the CEO.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Risk management; Reporting; Risk analysis; Public, corporate relations; Management and business consultingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)