Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
BURN is looking for a Chief Technical Officer who will be based from BURN’s modern, solar-powered manufacturing facility in Nairobi, Kenya. Their overall responsibility will be to bring new products through the product development process and launch them into the factory, including design, testing, engineering, process development, and developing/launching new production lines.
· Sheet metal fabrication techniques.
·General machine shop knowledge, including CNC equipment.
· Must have launched at least 1 production line.
· Must have developed at least 1 consumer product.
· Jig and fixture design.
· Tool and die or mould experience.
· Working knowledge of materials, specifically metals and plastics.
· Basic Knowledge and troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
· Degree in engineering.
· Experience working in Africa is a plus.
· Responsible for the smooth technical operation of the factory. Response to breakdowns in the factory, including root cause analysis, engineering solutions, and troubleshooting.
· Team management of engineers, testing, maintenance and workshop. Work closely with designers, market research, factory management, Quality Control.
· Develop SOP’s, WI, specs, tolerances, QA processes and procedures.
· Spec, source, install and commission equipment.
· Design and produce production forming assembly and QC tooling as well as custom factory equipment. Develop and maintain factory processes.
· Oversee initial production of new products.
· Create and adhere to budgets and timelines.
· Equipment selection and startup.