Client Account Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
BURN Manufacturing designs, manufactures and distributes super fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling high-quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 445,000 cookstoves in sub-Saharan Africa, which have helped two million consumers save nearly $100 million in fuel expenses and 1.7 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
The position will involve account management; sales; building client relationships; payment collections; working with clients on their sales & distribution strategy; developing joint marketing plans with clients; training management and client’s staff on BURN products. This is an Account Management position; we are seeking a farmer who can grow existing clients, not a hunter.
• College Degree Preferred.
• Previous experience, 3+ years in consumer goods sales and/or wholesale Account Management. Experience with wholesale consumer durable goods is ideal. Selling Energy Saving Stoves ideal especially within the MFI, Bank, and Sacco channel
• Previous experience growing wholesale clients, developing sales and marketing strategy.
• High energy, positive attitude, a great willing to learn and grow professionally, eager to contribute to the Sales Team with new ideas.
• B2B Channel Sales: Be the key Sales Executive for the Financial Intuition Channel In Kenya. Coordinator to help drive sales within large-scale MFI, Banks, Sacco’s, and PAYG solar companies.
• Strategy: Help develop and be the key person to implement selling strategy for A & B Clients.
• Client Relationship Management: strengthen relationship with local management at specific channels, such as the regional, HW, local, branch level.
• New Business Development: Strategize, develop, and track new biz. dev leads, close new biz dev. deals to increase sales and client base in Fin Institutions.
• Marketing: Work with BURN marketing team to develop, budget, and implement channel specific marketing plans and campaigns.
• Human Resources: Hire and fire on-the-ground activators teams as necessary for the Fin. Inst. Channel.
• Sales Management and Training: Manage and train teams of sales activators and regional managers for specific large-scale Fin Inst. Channels as needed.
• Reporting: Produce weekly, monthly, annual sales forecasts. Produce monthly channel reports and strategic plans. Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Strategizing; Account management; Business development; Financial reporting; Training program planning; Sales management; Payment collectionRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)