Commercial Manager - Finance
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
OverviewBased in Kampala andreporting to the Country Manager, the position holder will be responsible for financialreporting and analysis for the country, coordinating country-wide businessprojects and generally providing the Country Manager with accurate, timely andcomprehensive quality financial information and feedback on performance andbusiness plans.
It is the CFO's responsibility to ensure that appropriate financial controlsand policies are in place and implemented and is expected to be committed tosupporting the corporate and business strategies, adding value and maintaininga close and strong relationship with stake holders.
Specificduties & responsibilities
a) Countersales & Customer service
b) Cash& banking
- Ensurecompliance of all Customer Service Standards.
- Verificationof all non-cash payments i.e. cheques, bankers’ cheques, EFTs and/or any formof money transfers, prior to releasing any goods.
- Carryout/do daily banking ensuring that cash received & banked tallies with thedaily cash sale listing.
- Verificationof all bankers’ cheques with the issuing bank prior to receipting the saidcheques and supplying the goods.
- Carryout a daily reconciliation of cash sales & credit sales againstbanking. Any discrepancies must bereported to the Country Manager immediately.
- Ensureall statutory payments are remitted by the due dates
- Ensureall customs and clearing documents for imports/exports are done and/or receivedon time to eliminate any delays in the process.
- Managepetty cash as per the petty cash policy
- Receivingall stock items brought into the depot and a GRN raised and signed.
- Ensurethat the financial policies and accounting systems are well maintained tocontrol depot activity, i.e. sales proceeds (cash & cheques) banked daily;credit control policies are strictly observed, stock movement e.t.c
- Monitorprocessing of all warranty/claim batteries, ensuring proper documentation isused as per policy
- Managementand monitoring of all fixed assets, including motor vehicles
1. Participatein the daily, weekly, & monthly physical stock take of all stock items isdone and the same agreed to the book/system stock position. Any variances must be reported to the CountryManager in writing with a copy to the Chief Accountant. e) Creditcontrol
1. Ensurecompliance with Company credit control policies as regards to opening ofcustomer accounts, raising of invoices and credit notes, Daily receipting ofpayment from customers.
2. PeriodicCustomer visit.
3. Vettingnew customers before approval of account opening.
4. Updatingthe country Manager on daily debt position.f) Documentation& Reports
1. Sendingdepot documents as per schedule i.e. cash sales, invoices, credit notes,warranty invoices, cash sale banking, debtors receipt banking, petty cash,suppliers’ invoices etc.
1. Manageand maintain and up to date customer/clients’ database with all relevantinformation e.g. tel No, physical location, date of purchase/installation,birthdays etc. Ensure regular customerservice follow up calls to existing corporate clientele/dealers and solar/powerbackup customers.
2. Havean organized filing system.
3. Reportunwarranted behaviors which may cause damage/losses to the company
4. Maintainhigh standards of self and work discipline, co-ordinate your activities wellwith both your superior and workmates, while observing good interpersonalrelationship.
5. Participatingin any other duties that shall be reasonably assigned by management.Qualifications:Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or BusinessAdministration.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA,ACMA,ACA,CPA.
- Must have at least five years of workingexperience in accounting and financial management practices.
- Solid experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Extensive Navision ERP system knowledge/experience and user ability such as HFM reporting and consolidation process.
- Proficiency in computer packages includingEXCEL,POWER POINT etc.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Self driven, quality and result oriented.
- Strong team player, with focus on motivatingand further developing the finance team.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Readyto comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals andCore Values.
- Previous exposure within an automotive &renewable energy environment would be an added advantage.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
13 days left to apply