Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences; or Humanities (Psychology, Human Resource Management, Sociology, Social Work and Social Administration, Human Rights, Business Administration); or Community Based Rehabilitation plus a Masters Degree in Social Development Policy and Planning; or Psychology; or Humanities; or Human Rights; or Management; or Community Based Rehabilitation from a recognized University/Institution. Possession of a specialized qualification in the area of Social Protection will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have ten (10) years relevant working experience of Social Protection Policy, regulatory framework and standards, and contemporary social development issues, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Assistant Commissioner in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Formulating and reviewing policies, laws, guidelines and programmes which address the concerns of people with disabilities and older persons;
- Ensuring adequate training of manpower for delivery of social services to marginalized groups and persons with disabilities;
- Organizing and being responsible for the management of data on marginalized groups and persons with disabilities;
- Promoting programmes for capacity building of Persons with Disabilities and the older persons;
- Providing guidelines to Vocational Rehabilitation Institutions, other disability and older persons programs;
- Providing technical back stopping and monitoring of Disability and older persons Programs;
- Strengthening collaboration with Non – Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) and CBOs in the area of disability and elderly;
- Monitoring and appraising staff under the Department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.