Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; or Forestry, or Physical Science plus a Master of Science Degree in Renewable Energy, or Energy Studies, or Energy Engineering, or any other related field from a recognized University/Institution.
Applicants should have ten (10) years of relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Assistant Commissioner in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Leading formulation of policies, legislations, regulations, strategies, standards, plans, and budgets for the Department;
- Reviewing targets and monitoring performance of the Department;
- Reviewing project proposals and reports prepared by the respective Divisions;
- Representing the Department as the Focal Person on matters related to Renewable energy and coordinating efforts by different actors in the renewable energy sector;
- Supporting and participating in regional initiatives to develop institutional, legislative, research and development, and mechanisms for renewable energy development;
- Managing Government and donor funded projects;
- Supervising and appraising staff of the Department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.