Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations Development Programme | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Communications and Partnership Development
- Post-graduate education
- Media, communications, languages
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Communications and Partnership DevelopmentContent Manager
Chief Of Translation Unit (Russian)
Eng Camera Operator
Jobs in Media, communications, languagesMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation, as established by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), is often referred to as “REDD+”. The UNDP REDD+ team is based in UNDP’s Bureau for Policy and Programme Support - BPPS. It is part of the Sustainable Development cluster and also works closely with the Climate Change team.The REDD+ team is responsible for a growing portfolio. The sources of funds include: (i) the UN-REDD Programme, a collaborative partnership with FAO and UNEP; (ii) the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF); (iii) the Central African Forests Initiative (CAFI); and (iv) the Green Climate Fund (GCF). In addition, the team is responsible for other forest and climate initiatives and ensuring overall quality assurance. Entering its 10th year of operation, the UN-REDD Programme supports nationally-led REDD+ processes and promotes the informed and meaningful involvement of all stakeholders, including indigenous peoples and other forest-dependent communities in partner countries, spanning Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
UNDP’s REDD+ Team is spread globally, with management based in Geneva. Regional teams are located in UNDP’s Regional Centres in Bangkok (Asia-Pacific) and Panama (Latin America and the Caribbean), while the regional team for Africa is in Nairobi in order to be co-located with UNEP’s REDD+ Team. The regional teams support UNDP’s country offices and partners in their region. Support to UNDP country offices is coordinated closely with the Regional Bureaux through the regional centres.
The team works closely with other relevant UNDP initiatives, in particular: the New York Declaration on Forests (NYDF) Platform and the Green Commodities Program (GCP) on drivers of deforestation related to agricultural commodity supply chains.
UNDP KM responsibilities under UN-REDD in 2018 are focused on: (1) Mainstreaming REDD+ in NDCs, SDGs and the Paris Agreement; (2) REDD+ funding arrangements and mechanisms and 3) REDD+ and promoting the rights of indigenous peoples. In this context, UNDP is seeking a consultant to provide knowledge management, communication and partnership development services for its 3 regions.
The consultant will work under the overall responsibility of the Principle Technical Advisor, REDD+, with day-to-day management of the Senior Regional Policy Advisor, REDD+, Africa. Deliverables will be reviewed and cleared by the focal point within the UNDP REDD+ Team for each relevant source of funds. In addition, she/he will be expected to liaise, collaborate and work with the UNDP REDD+ Team and Sustainable Development Cluster, REDD+ stakeholders, as well as UN-REDD colleagues at global, regional and national levels and within UNEP and FAO.
• Produce targeted global regional and country level UNDP/UN-REDD knowledge products- aiming to communicate the broader picture of UNDP/UN-REDD support to countries in strengthening their national capacities and visibility efforts to effectively and efficiently plan for, access, manage, deploy and monitor climate finance to ultimately enhance coordination among stakeholders and institutions of national and sub-national entities to manage and deliver climate finance.
• Research and analyze information, good practices and lessons learned gathered from diverse sources on climate change and natural resource and sustainable management of forests issues. Work to integrate this information into programme efforts as well as effectively disseminate across the Programme to make it readily accessible across regions and within partner countries.
• Work proactively with stakeholders across UN-REDD and UNDP teams to identify opportunities for capturing and sharing knowledge, and disseminating information about major progress and results.
• Provide KM and Communication support to the partnership between UNDP and Italian Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea on the REDD+ implementation in critical forested countries through GCF funding proposals.
• Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned including case studies, lessons learned, stories and reports that promote knowledge development and sharing on new approaches, thinking and techniques on REDD+.
• Coordinate closely with the staff working within other technical areas of the Programme to identify opportunities and synergies for collaboration on knowledge management and capacity building approaches.
• Assist in the delivery of the UN-REDD KM coordination component led by UNEP aimed at serving all UN agencies and UN-REDD partners.
• Support the development of story-telling, visibility and outreach for UN-REDD and UNDP work on "climate and forests".
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of communication tools and materials on REDD+ and advise on the how to develop communication messages into existing REDD+ initiatives linked to knowledge management efforts.
• Advise stakeholders on the development of the learning events and knowledge products, including advising on creative learning approaches, methodologies, illustrations, technologies.
• Formulate knowledge and communication products relevant to the programme’s evolving capacity building needs using available learning platforms and technology.
• Support and facilitate, as required, the development of training materials and delivery of training events, including the development of content. Follow through with user feedback, progress and integrates the feedback into lessons learned knowledge products.
• Proactively coordinates and engages in the development of capacity building frameworks linked to knowledge management and South-South cooperation between countries.
• Work closely with the Secretariat of the NY Declaration on Forests and UNDP Green Commodities Programme on synthesizing lessons and stimulating the uptake of best practices and knowledge, and the development of knowledge materials.
• Support partner countries to strengthen capacity as well as policy and institutional coordination including the establishment of strategic partnerships for REDD+ implementation.
• Assist in the identification of opportunities for cooperation and potential contributions with UN-REDD Programme partner agencies to promote information exchange and identify synergies between countries through the establishment of long term partnerships.
• Work closely with partner countries to identify and facilitate South-South learning exchanges, synergies and linkages with other country-level programmes and proactively work with UN-REDD partner countries to identify new opportunities for south-south cooperation.
• Design, content production and dissemination of south-south cooperation knowledge products and publications.
• Facilitate the flow of existing knowledge on south-south cooperation, improve the capture, classification and accessibility to South-South development knowledge (i.e. best practices, development solutions); and enhance the opportunities for leveraging development knowledge.
• Support the promotion of South-South Cooperation mainstreaming in UNDP programmatic tools, including in other UNDPs areas of work in close coordination and collaboration with other Regional Service Center colleagues.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Media, communications, languagesSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Reporting; Data collection; Programme management; Market research, intelligence; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.); Partnerships; StorytellingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)