Job verified by Fuzu
International Fertilizer Development Center | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Communications Specialist - Market Systems & Input Project
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Media, communications, languages
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) focused on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. IFDC has been active in Uganda since 2012 implementing the Netherlands Embassy-funded CATALIST-Uganda Agribusiness Project (Catalyzed Accelerated Agricultural Intensification for Social and Environmental Stability) from 2012-2016, the REACH Market Systems Project (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) 2016-2020 and the 2SCALE Regional Agribusiness Incubation (Toward Sustainable Clusters in Agribusiness through Learning in Entrepreneurship Project (2012-2018).
IFDC is recruiting for 1-2 anticipated USAID Market Systems & Input Project(s) (2018-2022) that will serve to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes; increase the availability, affordability and accessibility of farm inputs; improve the nutritional status of women and children; and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate using a market systems approach.
- The Communications Specialist is responsible for strategic communication planning and delivery including developing and implementing a communications strategy.
- Support technical staff in designing and producing audio, video, and visually oriented training materials as well as articles and success stories illustrating project approaches and achievements.
- Assist in all external reports, newsletters and other promotion documents such as project briefs, organizing the project photo and video library, mainlining the project website.
- Organizing promotional events, media campaigns and press releases to promote project themes, messages, and achievements; maintain a regular social media presence.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Media, communications, languagesSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Photography; Strategizing; Film and video production; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.); Press relations; Communication; Event managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply