Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
The Communications Specialist will produce and coordinate the production of text and multimedia products that highlight the impacts of projects implemented by UN Environment and funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) to a broad audience. In addition, s/he will develop, and/or support the development of a range of other editorial products about the UN Environment/GEF project portfolio for internal and external use.
Implementation of Communications Strategies and ProceduresRequired education
Web Content management
- Advice on the project and programme communication, including strategy, branding and communication outputs;
- Track and report on communication impacts and analytics;
- Support key communications events, like the GEF Assembly, UNEA, MEA COPs among others;
- Manage the timely submission of key reports such as monthly updates and inputs to progress;
- Develop and maintain strong advocacy channels and networks with media and government, maintaining relevant contact lists and content libraries.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Design and development of content for and manage the UNEP/GEF website and UNEP/GEF’s contributions to the corporate website;
- Oversee the production of works provided by consultants.
- Contribute to delivering content of agreed work plan;
- Actively participate and provide sound contributions in the recruitment processes of consultants in charge of delivering content of agreed work plans
- Develop quarterly communications work plans for review by the GEF Coordinator and GEF Portfolio Managers, including the elaboration of multimedia packages, proposed budget, timeline, and staffing plans;
- Coordinate with the UNEP and GEF Communications teams to ensure broad dissemination and impact of content produced;
- Promote, advocate and raise awareness around communications activities, results, and flagship initiatives through a variety of communication resources.
- With advanced consultation with GEF Coordinator, assist with various other ad hoc corporate communication processes and products
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)