Salary range: from KSh20,000 | Contract type: Permanent
You have 24 days left to apply for this job.
Financial: None direct, ensuring all landlord payments are on time and provide 100% uptime
Key SMART Results for A-Player Success
- Ensure successful negotiation (within the constraints set by the company), acquisition and contracting of a minimum of 60 buildings per month in your assigned network for successful deployment of our network, towers and DP’s ensuring the best value commercial deals for the business at all times both for the supplier and customer side.
- Ensure that all major ‘sambazas’ in a community are identified and known in person and have had documented conversations with all about the wholesale provision of capacity to them.
- Identify community group provision of services (e.g. free internet to Schools) in place with the relevant parties. Ensure poa! has a number of community organizations in place and installed with poa! services as directed by the Head of Sales & Distribution.
- Understand and communicate through a weekly report, the “informal community dynamics” by getting deep into each community and their leaders and understanding the challenges and opportunities for poa!.
- Achieve zero conflicts and misunderstanding with the communities we serve and other third parties by ensuring 100% compliance to the written down community engagement processes and procedures.
- Ensure all contractual documentation and validation of acquired buildings and partnerships e.g. with the ‘sambaza’ guys, communities are in place and up to date.
- Work collaboratively in events, monitoring and building relationships with community stakeholders and influencers within the assigned network.
- Ensure the lowest cost per tower commercial deals for deployments of the network within the assigned territory.
- Manage clear communication channels with all landlords across the assigned networks.
- Achieve zero network downtime as a result of community-related reasons e.g. building running out of tokens for power etc.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to identify emerging markets and market shifts in new areas while being fully aware of competition status and sharing feedback on the same so that poa! can competitively position itself.
- Poarean attitude - POA VALUES all over them.
- Be a self-starter capable of taking on a role with minimal supervision and guidance and delivering them through to a successful conclusion.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Knowledgeable in how local authority, government and communities run their affairs with an appreciation of minimum legal requirements affecting relationships of the role.
- Good interpersonal relationship ability that will aid the establishment of valuable working relationships with key stakeholders, landlords/caretakers in the assigned market and ability to manage both internal and external communication.
- Must have worked in fast growing tech services sector with not less than 1 year experience in field sales activities and community related work.
- Field work experience in operating with informal communities
- Must have a minimum of a college Diploma and above
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 12 months
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate - the official certificate for your highest education
24 days left to apply
Poa Internet is a multi-award-winning and highly innovative Internet Service Provider (ISP) whose vision is to connect every home across Africa to the internet. We are already one of the fastest-growing ISP's in Kenya and are backed by Venture Capital partners to allow us to scale rapidly; our teams will not stop pushing forwards until we achieve this mission. Do you want to join us? Why work at poa!? "Fast-paced"," ever-changing", "multicultural", "vibrant", "exciting" and "a little bit crazy" are just a few of the many words that describe what it's like working at poa! We are a people-centric organisation that champions curiosity, continuous learning and high standards across everything we do. We value our customers and go the extra mile to make sure we deliver an excellent service to the communities we serve. We are firm but fair and transparent at all levels of the company. You will be kept on your toes with no time to snooze… but fear not, for we love to reward those who deliver!
Meet your new colleagues
24 days left to apply