Job verified by Fuzu
County Government of Makueni | Makueni, Makueni, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- High, secondary school
- Restaurant, hospitality, travel
- Basic level (worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Cook ICashier and Greeter
Kenyatta National Hospital
Hotel Management Trainees
Brites Management Services Limited
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
Jobs in Restaurant, hospitality, travelEntry-Level jobsJobs located in Makueni, Makueni
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 16 th February, 2018.
(i) Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
• The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
• The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(iv) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(v) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (plain) with grade C (plain) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
• Craft Certificate in Food and Beverage Production, sales and Service or its equivalent from a recognized Institution; OR
• Attended a formal course lasting not less than two (2) months in Food Production or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
This will be the entry for the Cooks cadre. An Officer at this level will be on job training and will carry out duties under the supervision of a senior officer. Duties will include:
• Preparing raw foods for cooking;
• Maintaining Cleanliness of the equipment used in production;
• Maintaining hygiene by ensuring cleaning of the kitchen and its surroundings;
• Setting up and preparing equipment for use in food preparation and production;
• Alerting the supervisor of any defective equipment;
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Makueni, MakueniArea of work
: Restaurant, hospitality, travelSeniority
: Basic level (worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 18 monthsRequired skills
: Cleaning; Hygiene standards (food production); Quality control (food production); Cooking, food preparation; Work place safetyRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)