Core Network Quality Assurance Specialist
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Telkom connects the people that
keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications
solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government
and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that
includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its
vast Fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale,
carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.Role Purpose
Reporting to the Manager
Network Performance, the job holder will be required to Measure and report the
performance of the network and quality of the services, through the performance
processes that allow the taking of opportune decisions and thus avoid
degradations in the service. Manage the compliance with the metrics (KPI KQI
& SLA) and the appropriate levels.
- Set Core Network KPIs, manage the compliance with the metrics and drive Core Network Quality improvements
- Monitor and assist in isolating and resolving problems related to network quality, service degradation and capacity related issues
- Ensure that a complete Database to manage all QoS issues is maintained for key performance indicators, SLAs, customer feedback/statistics and traffic analysis.
- Ensure planning, design, installation, configuration, and control of the monitoring subsystem is specified by an appropriately defined Monitoring Process
- Maintain agreed level of Network performance, availability, reliability, integrity and usability by monitoring, analyzing and reporting predefined Key Performance indicators
(KPIs), measures and customer feedback.
- Carry out Monthly and Quarterly Core Network Capacity analysis to identify areas of expansion and infrastructure transformation
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting on all agreed CS & PS Core Network KPIs.
- Design relevant dashboards for reporting and monitoring KPIs
- Ensures the security and protection of data as required by company policy
- Minimum BSC in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer science or Data Analytics
- CCNA or relevant qualification in IP Networking
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in Technology
- Business drivers and technologies in the Core network area
- Solid understanding of Mobile Core, IP and VAS networks
- Knowledge of Firewalls, routers
- Deep understanding of CS & PS Core relevant metrics and analytics
- Proven Data Analytics and Visualization skills
- Report Writing & Presentation skills
- An active team member, who accepts collective responsibility to achieve high performance standards.
- Is innovative and is eager to develop new ideas and concepts for identifying better solutions to current and future problems.
- Exceptional ability to review calculated risks after considering the potential organizational and stakeholder concerns
- Analytical thinker with an ability to comprehend and identify patterns and underlying issues in complex situations.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
2 days left to apply
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region. Telkom is building on a strong, consumer-centric ethos that is committed to providing innovative, accessible and refreshingly simple communications solutions that suit customers’ everyday communication needs.
Meet your new colleagues
2 days left to apply