Job verified by Fuzu
Brites Management Services Limited | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Our client a manufacturing company is looking to employ an experienced Cost Accountant in their production section. The person will be responsible for costing direct labour, raw materials and product costs and establish the value of each product at the end of manufacturing. You will also ensure daily physical production counts and investigate variances that may arise.
• To supervise and cost day to day material and labour utilization.
• Prepare accurate weekly and monthly production costs for management use.
• To reconcile production costs/accounts products by providing explanation for the variance.
• To maintain a daily production record that should agree with inventory and daily sales.
• To ensure financial controls are in place across the factory and are adhered to by all managers.
• To participate in stock counts and validate weekly stocks which should include pallets, crates and trays used.
• To assist in manufacturing budget preparation and measure against subsequent performance.
• To prepare and validate product costing for new products.
• To participate in pre and post product evaluation in conjunction with the sales team.
• To prepare CAPEX applications, validation of costs and benefits, manage subsequent spending and post implementation review.
• To work closely with production and engineering managers to ensure that systems are comparable, stock levels, machine usage and final products are as planned.
• To ensure that all invoices and credit motes are accurate and relevant as per orders.
• To ensure that product reconciliations are completed and any variances explained/investigated and appropriate action taken.
• To maintain internal control documentation and test control systems to ensure they are working at all times.
• To collaborate closely with process owners to identify cost saving opportunities based on the production objectives.
• To collect data and analyse it to enable management to make informed decisions.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Accounting; Cost tracking, analysis; Credit handling; Data miningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply