Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers which is scheduled to take place in the months of August and September 2018.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with statutory body where applicable. The initial training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
Must be holders of at least a Bachelor degree in Counselling Psychology from a recognized University.
1) Provide individual and group counseling services, to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment: Collects data about individual through use of interview, case history, and observational techniques.
2) Select and interpret psychological tests designed to assess individual's intelligence, aptitudes, abilities, and interests, applying knowledge of statistical analysis.
3) Evaluate data to identify causes of problem of individuals and to determine advisability of counseling or referral to other specialists or institutions.
4) Conduct counseling or therapeutic interviews to assist individual to gain insight into personal problems, define goals, and plan action reflecting interests, abilities, and needs.
5) Provide occupational, educational, and other information to enable individual to formulate realistic educational and vocational plans.
6) Follow up results of counseling to determine reliability and validity of treatment used.
7) May engage in research to develop and improve diagnostic and counseling techniques.
8) May administer and score psychological testsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Physiology; Patient care; Counseling; Career counselingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)