Counter Sales Representative - Mbeya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 15 days left to apply for this job.
The position holder will be responsible for warmly receiving all customers and giving efficient and exceptional service in a timely and professional manner, portraying the perfect image of the company.
Specific duties & responsibilities
a) Countersales & Customer service
1. Ensure compliance of all Customer Service Standards.
2. Raise cash sales to walk-in customers, receiving cash and issuing receipts for credit customers on main Navision.
3. Ensure prompt action with regards to warranty batteries in line with the company warranty policy and procedures.
b) Cash& banking
- Carry out/do daily banking ensuring that cash received & banked tallies with the daily cash sale listing.
- Custodianof the depot safe/cash box.
- Verification of all bankers’ cheques with the issuing bank prior to receipting the said cheques and supplying the goods.
- Carry out a daily reconciliation of cash sales & credit sales against banking. Any discrepancies must be reported to the Depot Manager immediately.
d) Stocks management
- Manage petty cash as per the petty cash policy
- Ensure that the financial policies and accounting systems are well maintained to control depot activity, i.e. sales proceeds (cash & cheques) banked daily; credit control policies are strictly observed, stock movement etc
- Monitor processing of all warranty/claim batteries, ensuring proper documentation as per policy
e) Credit control
- Participate in the daily, weekly, & monthly physical stock take of all stock items done and the same agreed to the book/system stock position. Any variances must be reported to the Depot Supervisor in writing with a copy to the Accountant.
Ensure compliance with Company credit control policies as regards to opening of customer accounts, generation of invoices and credit notes, receipting of payment from customers.f) Others
Report unwarranted behaviours which may cause damage/losses to the company
2. Maintain high standards of self and work discipline, co-ordinate your activities well with both your superior and workmates, while observing good interpersonal relationship.
3. Participating in any other duties that shall be reasonably assigned by managementQUALIFICATIONS
- A university degree
- 2 years’ experience in sales and/or customer service department
- Well versed in the use of word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Unquestionable integrity levels
- Good command of written English and Kiswahili languages
CHLORIDE EXIDE (T) LTD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.Required education
- High levels of Integrity
- Proactive, self-driven, and results oriented individual
- Easily adoptable to different cultures
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Self-motivated and loyal.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
15 days left to apply