Job verified by Fuzu
The Center for Victims of Torture (Uganda) | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Country Director to lead a small program in northern Uganda, providing specialized mental health rehabilitation to survivors of torture and war trauma from the Lord’s Resistance Army conflict. The program has two primary goals: provide direct services to survivors and build the capacity of providers in the community to deliver mental health services. These efforts will help individuals suffering from the effects of torture and trauma rebuild their lives with dignity and enable them to contribute to their families and communities. It will also allow mental health providers to better understand, identify, support and treat the survivors.
The Country Director will provide leadership for the effective implementation and management of CVT’s torture and war trauma rehabilitation program, in line with our organizational values, policies and procedures, and commitment to program quality. Key responsibilties include: program and staff management, financial oversight, operations, partner relationships and community building, program development and security. With a small team, the Country Director will take responsibility for higher level planning, as well as day-to-day operations.
- Program Management: Strategically direct program resources in order to achieve program goals. Manage program operations and oversee implementation of program objectives, activities and evaluations. Serve as primary liaison with headquarters.
- Staff Management: Supervise a team of international and national staff members who are committed to maintaining the values of the organization and achieving program objectives. Hire, train, supervise, manage the performance, and promote the development of team members. Model and implement best practices in staff well-being. Ensure compliance with all labor/employment/NGO laws.
- Financial Management: Monitor program finances to ensure all CVT and donor-required policy controls are implemented. Prepare and submit forecast budgets and financial plans.
- Operations Management: Liaise regularly with headquarters and ensure policies and plans are implemented. Ensure effective coordination of all logistics, including management of facilities, transportation, equipment, furniture, supplies and other acquisitions. Prepare and manage contracts with local vendors.
- Partner Relations and Community Building: Develop and maintain strategic relationships with I/NGO partners, community leaders and institutional partners such as universities and government agencies in order to facilitate achievement of program goals.
- Program Development: Represent CVT with donors, potential donors, international and national organizations, and other stakeholders. Develop funding proposals. Prepare and submit reports required by donors, CVT, and other stakeholders.
- Safety and Security Management: Implement security policies relevant to the country. Monitor security situation on an ongoing basis and adjust practices to respond to evolving security risks.
- Other Duties: Participate in other department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Operative management; Partnerships; People management; Programme management; Non-profit management (NGO, other); Project Financial ManagementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply