Key results expected / Major functional activities1. FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER:
The Country Finance Analyst is a reliable partner to the Department/Division/Unit where assigned to. S/He supports the Fund’s finance strategy and plans as well as models a commitment to financial integrity by acting as a responsive and constructive associate with a focus on results. The Analyst provides verbal and written advice and guidance to supervisors and staff on finance regulations, rules, and procedures, facilitating a mutual understanding of roles and fiduciary accountabilities in support of the integrity in the management of the Fund’s financial resources. The Country Finance Analyst’s focus is on building his/her knowledge base of the Fund’s governing structure, mandate, long-term business strategy, organizational dynamics, and culture.2. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
The Country Finance Analyst is assigned a portion of financial operation and activities including:
3. AGENT OF CHANGE:
- Overseeing a non-complex loans and grants portfolio(s) ensuring reliable and sound results of the financial management of IFAD projects and programmes;
- Participating directly in the project activities including the preparation of financial management assessments and review of Project design documents in relation to financial management (e.g. flow of funds, financial reporting, and audit);
- Contributing to legal documents and proposed covenants required to reflect sound FM arrangements and representing IFAD in financing agreement negotiations;
- Contributing to monitoring financial management (FM) in-country as part of supervision or implementation support missions and financial progress monitoring of ongoing projects and providing proactive financial management support and training as required and carrying out regular capacity building activities as required;
- Participating in contracting of financial management consultants to ensure full coverage of FM activities throughout the project cycle;
- Ensuring effective and accountable maintenance of data in the corporate FM systems.
The Country Finance Analyst maintains an awareness of and gets acquainted with the principles of change management and proactively undertakes the commitment of serving as a role model for transformation and capacity for acceptance of change. S/He uses a knowledge of results- based management and budgeting, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and other information technology to analyze and promote acceptance of new methods of work and automated work flows. At this level the Analyst manages change through consultations with finance colleagues and peers to ensure open and regular communications pertaining to current and planned changes in the Fund’s financial administration. 4. MANAGERIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Country Finance Analyst is accountable for integrity, transparency, and equity in the personal use of assigned IFAD resources, including equipment, supplies and, if applicable, general service/consultants supervised.
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),