Job verified by Fuzu
Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- General management, leadership
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Terre des Hommes Netherlands is looking for a country manager Kenya, full time, to be based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel in the country. This is a national position, open to applicants who can prove the right to live and work in Kenya. Initial contract period will be for one year.
- Work professionally within TdH-NL’s policies and codes of conduct, including those related to child protection/safeguarding, confidentiality, safety and security and ethical practice.
- Ensure that the country office and project partners follow the policies, processes and protocol regarding child safeguarding,
- Communicate incidents and violations of the policies in line with the established protocol.
- Develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies and in line with budgets
- Work closely with the Head of Africa to ensure goals and objectives are aligned with strategies.
- Identify priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required.
- Foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning.
- Possess a strong commitment to social justice and development of quality services within the field of child sexual abuse, exploitation and violence
- Keep up to date with the political economic social and technical situation of the country as well as programme related developments and incorporate these developments into annual reports and annual and strategic plans.
- Keep the programme database up to date, analyse the outputs of each programme and reflect on the outcome in terms of planned versus achieved in annual reports and annual plans.
- In case of own implementation of programmes, manage the implementation of programmes efficiently and effectively to create maximum results at beneficiary level.
- Collaborate with donors that support TdH-NL’s project partners and see to it that there is a common understanding on project outputs/outcome
- As a member of the programmes team advise the programme development manager, whether solicited or unsolicited.
- Work together closely with the other country managers and exchange ideas and experiences
- Organise the Kenya country team and coordinate with the Regional Office technical team to undertake fundraising / resource mobilisation to operationalise the Kenya country plan.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: General management, leadershipSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Budgeting, financial planning; Operative management; Programme management; Management of financial resources; Project implementation; Team leadershipRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply