Job verified by Fuzu
Danish Refugee Council | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Country Procurement and Logistics Coordinator- Uganda
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Country Procurement and Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the overall country logistics and procurement operation in coordination with procurement and logistics staff in the field offices; providing support to DRC/DDG field operations and field based staff in training, guidance and standard operating procedures as set by the DRC.
The incumbent must possess broad knowledge in the procurement and logistics processes, people’s management, finance, vehicles, inventories and monitoring of assets and activities
Supervise the logistics and procurement unit. The Country Procurement and Logistics Coordinator may be required to travel to another duty station within the country at any time, at relatively short notice, depending on the operational requirement of DRC. The position will perform the following specific duties:
• Ensure DRC procurement guidelines are adhered to in all DRC offices
• Actively engage and support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities.
• Plan and engage with Project Managers to understand contract specifications and with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability which results in effective market engagement.
• Identify, negotiate and implement contract & framework agreements which result in efficiencies in line with financial and forecasting requirements.
• Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
• Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
• Conduct efficient and collaborative procurements which are DRC and donor compliant (advice, tendering, evaluation award & contract management) and which result in a high value adding commercial outcome.
• Responsible for all Invitation to Bids at country coordination office.
• Build supplier, category and market understanding through performance management, research and stakeholder briefings which result in the management of commercial issues throughout the procurement cycle.
• Assist DRC management in Contract & Supplier relationship management
• Ensure weekly procurement tracker is shared consistently with all DRC to enable a close follow up of the procurement status.
• Prepares and reviews budget requirements of logistics activities and directs consolidation of logistic budget.
• Implement DRC’s asset management strategies i.e. monthly updating of asset register, bi-annual physical asset verification, and annual insurance of assets.
• Ensure efficient asset and inventory management systems are in place and ensure that all procured items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system.
• Ensure DRC assets are safeguarded through asset tagging, insurance.
• Manage the asset disposal for the entire country program.
• Ensure a robust fleet management system and that any vehicle damage/accident is reported immediately and necessary follow up made.
• Continuously organise vehicle and equipment maintenance/repair schedule and value-for-money services to the vehicle fleet/equipment.
• Continuously monitor and keep records of vehicle fleet/motorcycles/generators fuel consumption through weekly reports
• Consolidate and quality assure the monthly procurement and logistics reports for onward submission to Head of Finance and Administration and Country Director.
• Ensure monitoring of use of purchased goods and materials. This will protect the DRC from incurring losses by minimizing fraud and waste.
• Assist the Country Director in overseeing security of DRC premises.
• Exercise leadership and offer daily supervision of country procurement and logistics procedures.
• Ensure the realization and achievement of the Area Performance Indicators in procurement and logistics department.
• Daily supervision of the Kampala procurement and logistics staff and ensure their close cooperation with the departments for administration, finances, human resources and programs.
• Analyze Supply Chain Systems i.e. procurement, logistics and warehousing are working together to fill orders and deliver goods, services on a timely basis.
• On regular basis, assess and raise with management procurement and logistics staffing resource needs.
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management.
• Build capacity and train DRC Uganda staff in DRC procurement and logistics processes to create a better understanding of procedure with an aim to improve service delivery.
• Prepare timely and accurate management information covering aspects of stakeholder engagement in the procurement process lifecycle which result in effective performance management and delivery of required outcomes.
• Compile and archive ad-hoc reports on observations concerning staff conduct/performance and use of organization’s assets; and DRC monthly reports on fuel, inventory, and equipment maintenance/repair and in stock reports.
• Actively engage in continuous professional development. Maintain and build capacity on DRC procurement and logistical processes with procurement, logistics, finance, program staff in the country and field offices.
• Ensure regular field support visits at minimum to at least 2 field offices every quarter.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Budgeting, financial planning; Logistics planning and management; Procurement; Quality control and supervision; Documentation and record keepingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply