Credit Control Manager
Car & GeneralNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
We are currently looking to fill the position of a Credit Control Manager who will be responsible for credit management and the preparation of credit reporting, planning and forecasting for an entity, region or a business segment.
- Manages entity, region or business segment credit reporting, planning and forecasting.
- Monitors credit exposures, understands trade finance and provides support to sales and marketing by offering advice and assistance on customer financial needs to meet business requirements.
- Performs and analyzes credit-worthiness reviews on strategic accounts at the entity, region or business unit level in line with Corporate Policy to ensure minimal risk to the business.
- Manages entity, region or business segment account relationships and collection strategies.
- Manages metrics and consolidated reporting for the entity, region or business segment.
- Develops and produces credit reports for senior management.
- Partners with sales/commercial functions on key business growth needs by providing credit/financial support.
- Encourages cross business segment communication on credit issues involving common customers to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Supports the implementation of Corporate Credit Policies across the applicable area of responsibility and assures audit compliance against them.
- Leads process improvement activities related to Accounts Receivable/credit systems, processes and policies.
- Manages, coaches and mentors professional staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development need.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Financial Analysis - Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
- Credit Management - Assesses customer credit worthiness and risk to ensure that credit limits support sales strategies while maximising accounts receivable collect ability and minimising bad debt balances; evaluates business opportunities to maximise sales without taking on undue balance sheet risks; analyses customer payment performance to identify potential risks in order to optimise collection efficiency and minimise bad debts.
- Trade Finance Acumen - Leverages financial products to facilitate and expand the export of product to maximise sales in international markets; evaluates financial instruments to reduce end customer and country specific payment risk; leverages export trade instruments when selling to high risk markets to expedite payment according to the agreed to commercial terms.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation's goals.
- Directs work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Situational adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanour in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Instill trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Optimize work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related subject required. Financial certification is preferred.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Car & General has no other jobs