Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 12 days left to apply for this job.
The Credit Manager role will be responsible for leading and supporting various decision-making processes across the business with the aim of optimizing the credit performance M-KOPA’s customers.
• Develop and maintain processes, policies, and interventions to maximize credit quality of new customers, including credit underwriting, screening, and selection and onboarding practices.
• Develop and maintain processes, policies, and interventions for maintaining strong repayment rates among our existing customers, including improving collections practices, behavioral analysis, portfolio evaluation, and cost-effective post -sales servicing
• Manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors and investors
• Design and implement experiments/initiatives geared towards improving and maintaining a healthy credit performance across M-KOPA’s customer base
• Create and manage key performance metrics on M-KOPA’s core products
• Collaborate with the Data/Tech Team to improve data accuracy and reliability for reporting
• Consult with the Director of Credit/Chief Credit Officer to ensure the team is working efficiently towards achieving its objectives
• Bachelors degree in finance, computer science, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or an equivalent, Masters degree preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in an analytical role in consumer credit, microfinance, asset finance, insurance, or pricing analytics, preferably at a financial institution in East Africa
• Understanding of credit underwriting best practices; ability to evaluate portfolio performance
• Understanding of ROI calculations and discounted cash flow analysis
• Knowledge and working experience in SQL, Relational Databases, R, and Python preferred
• Knowledge and working experience in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products required
• Experience in creating, analyzing and succinctly communicating data and recommendations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including fluidity in PowerPoint
• Ability to engage in white space thinking and influence new innovative ideasRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Data models and architectures; Reporting; Credit handling; Business strategy; Financial analytics and forecasting; Relational databases (SQL); Private credit (individuals); Credit auditing; Payment collection; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)