Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 35 days left to apply for this job.
The Credit Manager role will be responsible for leading and supporting various decision-making processes across the business with the aim of optimizing the credit performance M-KOPA’s customers.
• Develop and maintain processes, policies, and interventions to maximize credit quality of new customers, including credit underwriting, screening, and selection and onboarding practices.
• Develop and maintain processes, policies, and interventions for maintaining strong repayment rates among our existing customers, including improving collections practices, behavioral analysis, portfolio evaluation, and cost-effective post -sales servicing
• Manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors and investors
• Design and implement experiments/initiatives geared towards improving and maintaining a healthy credit performance across M-KOPA’s customer base
• Create and manage key performance metrics on M-KOPA’s core products
• Collaborate with the Data/Tech Team to improve data accuracy and reliability for reporting
• Consult with the Director of Credit/Chief Credit Officer to ensure the team is working efficiently towards achieving its objectives
• Bachelors degree in finance, computer science, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or an equivalent, Masters degree preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in an analytical role in consumer credit, microfinance, asset finance, insurance, or pricing analytics, preferably at a financial institution in East Africa
• Understanding of credit underwriting best practices; ability to evaluate portfolio performance
• Understanding of ROI calculations and discounted cash flow analysis
• Knowledge and working experience in SQL, Relational Databases, R, and Python preferred
• Knowledge and working experience in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products required
• Experience in creating, analyzing and succinctly communicating data and recommendations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including fluidity in PowerPoint
• Ability to engage in white space thinking and influence new innovative ideasREMUNERATION
Competitive package covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.PLEASE NOTE
M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, M-KOPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment.
M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)